[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /g/ celebrate the failure of some tech companies? Like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1461797106592.jpg (52 KB, 350x392) Image search: [Google]
1461797106592.jpg
52 KB, 350x392
Why does /g/ celebrate the failure of some tech companies? Like AMD or Mac. Don't you realize that less competition is bad? That the prices of the prevailing company (Nvidia/Microsoft) would go up?
>>
>implying /g/ isn't completely overrun with mindless consumer drones that worship their brand of choice
It's like you aren't even a good goy.
>>
AMD can never die, intel is too scared of being labeled a monopoly, so they keep AMD alive by throwing them a bone every now and again.

Why do you think intel hasn't been in any hurry to go to 10nm?
>>
>>54844316
Because it's an engineering nightmare.
>>
File: cryorig Ola.jpg (35 KB, 678x462) Image search: [Google]
cryorig Ola.jpg
35 KB, 678x462
Why should I advocate Apple? The industry would be better without them. They're not driving innovation in smartphones, tablets or desktop computers.

The only ways they're "innovating" is by creating trashcan designs for $5000 workstations (which a company has already mimicked).
>>
>>54844384
>I don't like it therefore it should fail

you don't have to advocate for any tech company, they're not football teams
>>
>>54844316
>Why do you think intel hasn't been in any hurry to go to 10nm?
Because it's hard, and whatever comes after that will be even harder.
>>
File: Untitled_4_2.jpg (69 KB, 1134x436) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_4_2.jpg
69 KB, 1134x436
>>54844539
This is a good thread. And damn true. AMDs new video card is a stellar example of this, and their taking advantage of inflated pricing may bring the cost of hardware down across the market.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.