[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw forced to use Windows 10 >tfw too stupid to learn Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: I8QlqUVh.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
I8QlqUVh.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
>tfw forced to use Windows 10
>tfw too stupid to learn Linux
>>
You're not stupid. Everyone know Linux is trash. Enjoy your time with "sudo gedit someshit.config" than doing some thing productive. Just go back to windows, it's the best OS.
>>
>>54844193

what makes you think you have to learn linux? what you have to learn is what you plan to do with linux.
>>
File: Untitled.png (21 KB, 820x755) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21 KB, 820x755
>>54844193
Run in VM
>>
>>54844231
>>>/v/edit
>>
>>54844231
t. manchildren
>>54844193
Watch some youtube tutorial, you have to be mentally impaired to be unable to learn Linux.
>>
File: 734569235397.png (114 KB, 905x540) Image search: [Google]
734569235397.png
114 KB, 905x540
I'm getting this with Intel integrated graphics 530. Even with the latest drivers it fucks up with nothing else running. Fucking Windows 10 man.
>>
>>54844231
Ha. Running graphical applications with sudo is retarded. You would fuck up X.

Anyway, if you use something like Debian GNU/Linux or Ubuntu GNU/Linux You would not need to edit any configs. I've used GNU/Linux for 3 years and i can assure you that you only need to edit configuration files if you put yourself in that situation. I do because i'm a tinkerer - But GNU/Linux is not a tinkerers OS.
>>
It's all the same nowadays. In fact there's more secret handshake bullshit with Windows 10 to get it up and running than there is with Linux.

>Go to clean install Windows 10
>Setup refuses to install on my SSD, gives cryptic error message
>This drive is wiped, there's no reason for it to not work
>Google the error message and the best solution is to disconnect EVERY OTHER DRIVE in my computer then start over
>Open up PC, disconnect all the drives, start the installer
>Setup decides it's satisfied and proceeds to do the install
>After the installer ends you need to go through at least 20 different settings screens to turn off the botnet
>Also need to turn off the automatic updates since "if it reboots randomly it's your own fault for not turning it off"
>Find out a few months later that Windows updated my GPU driver without asking me and replaced it with some shit driver that made everything run slower
>Force install the proper GPU driver and learn that there's a separate setting to turn off automatic DRIVER updates

My most recent issue was that when I tried to update my GPU driver, I got a BSOD and Windows then wouldn't let me install a new video driver. I decided I had enough and went back to Windows 7. Unfortunately if you go back to Windows 7, you have to spend hours applying SP1 and patches which require a specific order. Thankfully there's WSUS Offline so I can just walk away.

Meanwhile my Debian setup has been rock solid and has required no intervention beyond routine package updates.
>>
>>54844393
eh, works on my machine
>>
>>54844401
Debian? Yeah it tends to do that.
>>
>>54844415
good luck with steam lol
>>
>>54844193
>tfw forced to use Windows at all.
>too stupid to learn BSD
>use GNU/linux.
>>
File: 1463441448428.png (30 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1463441448428.png
30 KB, 200x193
>>54844393
>Go to clean install Windows 10
>Setup refuses to install on my SSD, gives cryptic error message
>This drive is wiped, there's no reason for it to not work
>Google the error message and the best solution is to disconnect EVERY OTHER DRIVE in my computer then start over
>>
Neckbeards think they are so above Windows plebs because they use Linux but all they do is shitpost and watch anime. Literally no different from a normie who only uses Facebook and Netflix.
>>
>>54844193

Use OS X, fag.
>>
>>54844485
You are literately posting memes.
Neckbeads are not the only one who use GNU/Linux. My mother uses GNU/Linux on the daily. Using an operating system does not magically make you a beard on your neck.

GNU/Linux users appear to have higher quality posting then windows users.

Example:Windows users will make threads on /g/ for tech support. GNU/Linux users will stay in /fglt/ or use /wsr/

I've watched standard shows with mpv, but i do watch anime from time to time. I do not agree with netflixs' DRM nor facebooks' privacy violations, but i cannot stop people who wish to use those services.
>>
>>54844193
Use ubuntu, anon. Ubuntu is qt.
>>
>>54844193
Its so true. Im glad that when the culling happens, people like you who have been mapped by the surveillance apparatus, will be systematically removed.
>>
>>54844193
>forced to use Windows 10
no such thing

>>54844393
>if you go back to Windows 7, you have to spend hours applying SP1 and patches which require a specific order
retard
>>
>>54844193
Why consider Linux if you're forced to use Windows 10? Best choise for you is to leave Russia.
>>
>>54844193
I believe in you, Pepe.
You can learnd.
>>
>>54844934
5 bing points have been deposited into your account, pajeet
>>
who's forcing you?
>>
>>54844354
Dude that is some sweet ricing. How can I get mine to look like that?
>>
>>54846756
Developers on linux making it impossible to install anything for laymen.
>>
File: i do not exist.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
i do not exist.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
>>54844370
>Running graphical applications with sudo is retarded. You would fuck up X.
I've been doing it for years without problem. To clarify: from a terminal, not from a virtual console.
>>
>>54844193
>>
>>54844485
>Neckbeards think they are so above Windows plebs because they use Linux but all they do is shitpost and watch anime.
Yeah, but, they're shitposting and animuing ... with linux!
I can't believe you missed this obvious rebuttle.
>>
>>54847489
Use gksudo
>>
>>54844231
>sudo gedit
Retard.
>>
>>54844231
5 bing points have been deposited into your account, Ramesh
>>
>>54844193
>mfw I have upstream commits to GNU Hurd as well as OpenBSD and I solely run Windows10 on my PC

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>54850738
>contribute to worthless projects
>use worthless operating system

Checks out
>>
>>54851324
I am going to bully you.
>>
>>54851326
>>>/r9k/
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.