[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you modify yourself when the inevitable cyberpunk age comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: 1464556210376.webm (378 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464556210376.webm
378 KB, 640x640
Would you modify yourself when the inevitable cyberpunk age comes about?
>>
My body is fallig apart, might as well start cutting myself to pieces and become a robot.
>tfw becoming the Tin Man
>>
no because i'm scared of having surgery
>>
Only to better interface with my sex robot harem.
>>
>>54843943
D-E-G-E-N-E-R-A-C-Y
>>
>>54843943
yes i would upgrade to a hydraulic penis
>>
Robocock
>>
>>54843943
I would become a 0 essence street samurai the instant it was possible.
>>
>>54844893
>>54844893
>>54844893
this
>>
>>54843943
I will fix my caries, hopefully technology that does not traumatize the patient develops... I heard good things about laser being using to clear your teeth out, it does not produce any pain, even when laser hits the nerve - it just burns it down.. I'm tempted about that - because I've only had on tooth fixed and it was enough to traumatize me for life - the pain of a psychopath using a driller without anesthesia inside a nerve cavity - drilling some paste into that cavity for one minute... the pain - imagine having some of the most sensible nerves ending concentrated by big numbers in one point - then imagine a pointy drill exciting those ends very very very quick for 60 seconds... I was literally parayzed because of the pain and tears went down like a river... I went trough lots of horrible pains in my life, but never a pain like that - every other pain pales in comparison - it was hell on earth - and even tho it's rational and I know I have to fix my caries asap - I have some irrational fear when I think about it...
>>
>>54844910
>not pneumatic

My jackhammer is augmented
>>
>>54844910
>>54844917
>>54844944

That would be extremely painful.
>>
>>54843943
If it's actually useful, corrects something and doesn't look like shit, of course.
>>
i mean technically we are already there, we have technology that would be useful to have on or in hand at all times & the surgical ability to get it implanted if youve got the moolah.

just about the only thing that ISNT available is an intuitive, completely reliable, direct computer/brain or nerve interface such as usually depicted in cyberpunk. & while we arent quite there yet, we even have some shitty varieties of those exact concepts.
>>
Id like to have a bionic arm
So yes
>>
>>54845073
+ we don't have the skills yet to apply bigger modifications parallel to existing organs.
At least I haven't seen anyone applying an artificial muscle where there still was one, for example.
>>
>>54845001
for you
>>
>>54844893
>>54844931
the only thing degenerate is you not doing. The entire existence of man is a giant fuck you to the laws of nature or god.Modification to surpass the limitation place on you by nature/god is the epitome of man kind
>>
>>54845223
No, it's fucking degeneracy. God gave us what we have for a reason, and straying from His path is the worst form of degeneracy.
>>
>>54845311
Did God give us the flint and rock? Did He place this in our hands and say "go, and sharpen this flint, for it shall help you"
>>
>>54845311
god isn't real tho pham
>>
File: img101202_ac0d752185e42be8.jpg (107 KB, 501x501) Image search: [Google]
img101202_ac0d752185e42be8.jpg
107 KB, 501x501
>>54845311
>augmentations are an affront to God

tfw going to hell for requiring vision correction.
>>
>>54845311
You're not jewish, so it doesn't matter

Christianity is to judaism as islam is to christianity. A fanfic written for political conquest. Furthermore, judaism is a corruption of a prior pantheistic faith which arose from contact with the actual gods, so the holy ones above us won't be preserving your heretical consciousness anyways.
>>
File: wtf-man.jpg (71 KB, 550x425) Image search: [Google]
wtf-man.jpg
71 KB, 550x425
>this thread
>believing cybernetic implants are the only mods
>no knowledge about biotechnology
>all this idiocy
>>
>>54843943
>when
We're already there.
>>
>>54845311
>>>/g/templeOS
>>
RICE YOURSELF
>>
>>54848766
Damn that we be pretty cool. Instead of EDC and post your desktop threads we would have cybernetic implant rice threads
>>
>>54843943
its been two years since i walked and had any feeling below waist...
why live
>>
>>54844920
You can't go 0 essence. You'll die!
>>
>>54843943
Nope, fuck that. Prosthetics are for people missing their original body parts.
>>
>>54843943
If I ever lost a gand I would like a nice red replacement like big boss had, something with Bluetooth, wife and some stupid gimmick like a Swiss knife
>>
File: FB_IMG_1454715078140.jpg (29 KB, 480x333) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454715078140.jpg
29 KB, 480x333
>>54845223
>>>54844893
>>>54844931
>the only thing degenerate is you not doing. The entire existence of man is a giant fuck you to the laws of nature or god.
HUMANS FUCK YA
>>
>>54843943
Who's the saemon daemon
>>
>>54849614
same here man, I haven't been laid in 3
shit sux
>>
No, I'd likely be very old and resistant to change by that point. Also I would feel like I got fit for no reason at all when I could have all of that at the press of a button and swipe of a credstick.
>>
Fuck the hell yes.
>inb4 future freetards complaining about botnet M$ implants spying on them
>>
in the future antibiotic resistant bacteria are gonna make commonplace surgical operations incredibly risky

so...
>>
>>54843943
I already have a neovagina. That's pretty fucking cyber.
>>
>>54845223
Imagine saying things like this outside of 4chan. Like in public.
>>
>>54844893
>not improving yourself
The only degenerate here is you.
>>
>>54850267
I'm willing to take that risk.
>>
I'm an embedded engineer working on robotics to be among the first to augment.

The way I see it, my body is a dying sack of blood that needs a shit supply of nutrients and medical treatment. Its very weak and proprietary - if it breaks its painful and complicated to repair.

I would start with my limbs to reduce daily nutrient intake. If I ever lose an arm or a leg I could quickly and easily replace it. I would also like to reduce joint failure found in human biology.

Eventually I would replace what I could of the rest of my body with artificial organs to adequately support my brain health. As they age I would aim to add mechanical spinal support and a stronger skin material.

I see the biggest benefits in relying on electricity as energy over food. When exploring space I could last longer than traditional astronauts by having lower energy and weight demands.

The most critical augmentations I would like to do involve interfacing with the brain for some really neat shit I'd rather keep to myself until better I understand its implications on the world.
>>
>>54845001
you're a big man
>>
>>54843943
When is that? 2077?
We can't fucking even interface with those prostetics yet. It's all fucking pre programmed and triggered by some chest muscle twitch, like shes waveing.
>>
I'd rather accessorize than implant. Stuff like digitized contact lenses would be neat.
>>
>>54843943
Of course. Perfect eyes with low light vision, zoom and camera. Enhanced lungs. Not having to cut your toenails with mechanical feet, too.
>>
>>54851170
>Not having to cut your toenails with mechanical feet
I'll start with mechanical cybernetic toes.
>>
YOU GOTTA RICE YOSELF BEFORE YOU SLICE YOSELF
>>
>>54851053
<You may say, it is impossible for a man to become like the Machine. And I would reply, that only the smallest mind strives to comprehend its limits.>

>Fabricator General, Kane
>>
I have keratoconus. They told me not to get surgery because many people are having problems with it. Rigid gas permeable contacts are shit. Dunno man.
>>
>>54845311

back 2 /pol/
>>
>>54851341
You can just have you nails permanently surgically removed
>>
>>54851504
That would be stupid...
>>
Only the most important stuff:
My spine and my teeth.
>>
>>54843943
fuck yes, i want to be atleast half bionic
>>
>>54843943
If they manage to get the sense of touch figured out, sure. I'd be cool with replacing my arms with bionic ones. Hopefully GiTS style gun arms aren't restricted to military use. That would be the ultimate concealed carry.
>>
>>54843943
I thought we were already in the cyberpunk age?
>>
>>54852249
fucking this
it's gonna happen someday, GITS is almost prophetic
>>
>>54844944
I never asked for this
>>
We all thought we'd be the cool edgy cyberpunks with cybernetic implants but when the inevitable forced implants start we'll be the small group resisting the physical botnet.
>>
Probably not.

On the other hand, Imagine being old as fuck, if and when immortality happens. Living forever in your old as fuck body. ;_;
>>
>>54844893
Face it, cybernetics will be a thing of the future. At first it'll be like human revolution with people protesting it and later the first deus ex game where everyone is doing it.
>>
>>54844893
You mean ascendancy. Literally.
>>
>>54843943
Once we have better eyes I'll be onboard instantly. I've made the mistake of ruining my eyes back in elementary where I wasn't supervised in my computer usage. Now I can't see shit five feet away without my thick glasses. If cybernetics or biotechnology means that mistake can be undone than I will take the option without hesitation.
>>
I'm pro-eugenics, planning and genetic engineering overall.
I'm not one to fall prey to utopianism, but I think that without a doubt we can make better human races.
>>
You guys really are that dumb to realise bionic parts of body doesn't synergize at all with the rest of the body?.. I'm done with 4chan.
>>
>run out of battery

well shit
>>
>>54854182
Yeah, we could start by removing you from the genepool although you seem to be doing excellent in that regard all by yourself.
>>
>>54854135
>>Face it, cybernetics will be a thing of the future.
The way I see it the only thing we have in store in our future is the human kind dying out after we run out of fossil fuels in a hundred years.

The BIG FILTER xenobiologists speak about is the stupidity of intelligent life not to make the best of fossil fuels once they discover them.
We take everything we own for granted but we fail to admit to ourselves the only reason we have it is an immeasurable amount of animals and plants died half a billion years ago.

Life on this planet might not get another chance.
And we're doing everything we can to sabotage this one.
>>
>Falling for the bionic jew

Good goy. But seriously I'll be dead long before this is mainstream. If one of my faggot grandkids reboots me I'll fucking kick the shit of xer.
>>
>>54845311
yeah tell that to kids who are born with fucked up bodies and need surgery
>>
>>54845311
Why do you wear clothes then?
God didn't give you those.
For that matter why do you cut your hair and nails?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
Nothing, I'm just waiting for digital drugs like Accela to arrive.
>>
>>54854404
And you are so almighty, judging me from a two sentence post. Lmao, give me a fucking break.
>>
>>54845311
Then why did God give some people faggot faces and some people normal faces?
>>
Cyberpunk Era has already started.
>>
>>54843943
Sure, as long as the modifications aren't proprietary/closed
>Trusting someone else's black box
>Permanently attaching said black box
>>
>>54844935
>I have some irrational fear when I think about it...
It's not irrational, modern dental practices are barbaric. They drill holes into a body part which literally cannot be replaced.
>>
>>54843943
When I become old, anything I can. Otherwise I'll stick with what I've got
>>
>>54844935
why weren't you given novocane?
>>
>>54854176
>I've made the mistake of ruining my eyes back in elementary where I wasn't supervised in my computer usage.
Probably shit genetics, desu. I wasn't monitored either and my eyes are fine.
>>
>>54854388
if you're not completely robot then it can probably run off your bio-electricity or your movement or something.
>>
>>54855290
muh section 6
>>
>>54843943
I'd replace everything except CNS. Preferably sooner, while brain still can adapt.
>>
>>54843943
That is so fucking hot.

I don't think I'd voluntarily replace parts unless they were massive upgrades, but if I accidentally lost a limb or whatever I'd definitely kill for some robot parts
>>
>>54843943
I'm partially deaf so I would love to get augmented hearing that didn't involve wearing shitty hearing aids
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (1 MB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
1 MB, 310x310
>>54856301
>you will never get a turbo handjob from your qt augmented gf
>>
>>54844935
Been there anon, it is the closest it gets to the movie hellraiser. But you know, that is very rare and usually you get zero pain during those procedures.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.