[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay,So I have a sensor glove I'm building. It will use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 275x184
Okay,So I have a sensor glove I'm building.
It will use conductive thread prefferably stainless so it's machine washable. There will be a power, ground, and two data lines.I need the power to be between 3.1 and 3.3 volts or it will shut off or not work properly.The modules at the finger tips of the four fingers should use about 60mA per finger module, with the micro consuming about 20mA. So under 100mA nominally per finger.

It will be about 6 inches of 4 strands of conductive wire per finger.

For solutions I'm thinking maybe I can braid a few strands of copper into the conductive thread to help.
Also maybe I can up the voltage going to the modules to combat resistance and then add some resistors to bring the excess power down to 3.3 volt.

Any help is appreciated I'm kinda new at this.
>>
Bump :/
>>
>>54843774
Sounds cool, anon. Good luck with this!

Don't pout at /g/'s indifference, the audience is pretty stupid here. Stupid gamers and neckbeards.
>>
You might be better off in /diy/ or /sci/ with this. The extent of /g/ is mostly coding and consumer tech.

Still, good thread. I only wish my electrical knowledge were better so I could help, anon.
>>
>>54843774
>Also maybe I can up the voltage going to the modules to combat resistance and then add some resistors to bring the excess power down to 3.3 volt.

Never ever use a voltage divider to lower the input voltage, the reason is that you will waste most of the input power as heat because of the Joule effect on the resistors, it's better if you use a dedicated IC to lower the voltage like a level shifter.

Also, head to >>>/diy/ , that board suits better to your needs.
>>
Thanks everyone!
>>
>>54843774
What might you be making my man?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.