[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Git patriarchy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 12
File: rey.png (4 MB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
rey.png
4 MB, 1280x1600
Do you agree with this?
https://geekfeminism.org/2012/09/29/quick-hit-how-git-shows-the-patriarchal-nature-of-the-software-industry/
>>
>>54842801
>intersectional "everything is discriminatory and oppressive" feminism

No.
>>
>>54842801
>can't change their name

can't change your email address either
>>
>>54842801
perhaps rather than complain, there should be a solution put forward?
>>
>geekfeminism.org
>powered by wordpress

opinion disregarded
>>
>>54843751
>hurr durr they use wordpress which means their opinion in invalid

This is why we can't have nice things
>>
>>54843879
>This is why we can't have nice things

More like why they wont have anyone taking them seriously
>>
> author is named Tim

Lol you can't get any pussy thar way, Tim.
>>
Being unable to change the name on commits is probably an intentional design decision. Otherwise two of the same commits in two different repos could have different authors.
>>
>>54842801
They all need to be made to wear the hijab and be completely removed from the workplace.

And im not even a Muslim.
>>
https://archive.is/iBjlT
>>
holy shit one of the articles people are linking to in the comments

>John Graham-Cumming wrote an article today complaining about how a computer system he was working with described his last name as having invalid characters. It of course does not, because anything someone tells you is their name is — by definition — an appropriate identifier for them. John was understandably vexed about this situation, and he has every right to be, because names are central to our identities, virtually by definition.

>I have lived in Japan for several years, programming in a professional capacity, and I have broken many systems by the simple expedient of being introduced into them. (Most people call me Patrick McKenzie, but I’ll acknowledge as correct any of six different “full” names, any many systems I deal with will accept precisely none of them.) Similarly, I’ve worked with Big Freaking Enterprises which, by dint of doing business globally, have theoretically designed their systems to allow all names to work in them. I have never seen a computer system which handles names properly and doubt one exists, anywhere.
>>
>trans people — particularly trans women
>not affecting trans men and trans women equally
reeks of feminism, the kind that is not about equality.
>>
>>54842801
>geekfeminism.org
Valuable source of information of any kind....
>>
>be on hacker news
>the site is as pro-feminism as the web gets for any site with traffic
>that study that is referenced in the article comes up
>oh shit, they used numbers and math
>still laughing how they tore it to shreds since autism will trump social righteousness every time
>>
>>54844395
Hacker news is kinda in between, they are pretty sjw sometimes, but that article on censoring hate speech on twitter and facebook got shit on
>>
>>54844439
I'll have to check it out. I just stopped checking since it was getting repetitive.
>>
>Want to be treated as men
>Okay, these are the standards you must meet
>No woman can come close
>Blame the patriarchy and sexism
>Throw a rape analogy somewhere

Did I miss anything
>>
You shouldn't be able to change anything about a git commit retroactively, and in fact you cannot change anything BY DESIGN. That's what the fucking commit hash is all about.
>>
>>54844083
>names are central to our identities, virtually by definition.
Some people actually believe this. I have no idea why. It's an alien concept to me. My name is an arbitrary identifier. It is no more a part of my identity than my SSN or email address.

If you wanted to call me Human #9493812865, that would be fine by me. It would be inconvenient, but I would not be offended.
>>
>>54842801
>geekfeminism.org
Knowing this tipe of sites...
>>
check that sites faq
It supports hate speech but not to blacks or gays, etc
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
Archive? Don't want to give them clicks
>>
>>54843930
tim is a trans. check out that picture
>>
>>54844083
>hypen in name
>functional CFGs
pick one
>>
>>54844045
Thanks, I didn't want to give those whores a click
>>
>>54842801
>How X is patriarchal
No
>>
>>54844573
>>54844045
thanks senpai
>>
>can't change your name or email
>this is analogous to the fact men rarely have to change their names because of cis privilege

i would bet my life savings ($1500) that this was bait if i read it on 4chan
>>
>>54842801
FUCKING SHIT EVERYTHING HAS TO CHANGE ITS AN IMMUTABLE DATA STRUCTURE

I AM FUCKING TRIGGERED I NEED TO TAKE A FUCKING WALK RIGHT NOW
>>
>>54844730
THIS
>>
somebody greentext it. i'm not giving a website called "Geek Feminism" a click
>>
>>54845260
Here is summary

>Git doesn't let you retroactively change names/emails on commits without creating new commits
>This is patriarchy at its finest- womyn change their names all the time (during their 18 marriages and sex changes)

What this absolute and utter fuckwit doesn't realize is that the git structure is immutable by design (which is its singular greatest strength).
>>
File: incredulous black science man.webm (1 MB, 642x435) Image search: [Google]
incredulous black science man.webm
1 MB, 642x435
>>54844045
>https://archive.is/iBjlT
>To try and put it simply, the author of a commit is tied in to the identity of the commit itself. If you change the author, it’s treated as an entirely new commit. Anyone who has grabbed a copy of your original commit and made subsequent changes on top of it finds themselves orphaned from the history of the project. To use a crude analogy, it’s like you rip the trunk of a tree out, while the branches are magically left hanging in the air, connected to nothing and isolated.

>Of course, it’s not that the designers of Git tried to make it difficult for committers to change their names. It’s likely that most of them just didn’t think about what would happen if a developer needed to change their name retroactively, because most of the people who have worked on Git are cis men.

i just cant even...
>>
>>54845294
It's baaaack

There’s another identifier for the state of the software at a given state — detached from the history of who-did-what and in what order, but the tree ID is a person-neutral ID for that bit of state.
The concept of authorship is pretty important since one of the primary protections for software is copyright law, and tracking who is making changes is one of the important parts of that.
It really shows that git grew out of the linux kernel where tracking is really all that’s done to track who has copyright on the kernel. Other projects have different needs and different structures, but the software shows the origin in that particular one.
It’s not so much that it was a patriarchical origin as it was one where that was one of the paramount concerns, without regard to gender.
That said, the software is getting much better — if you were to rebase an entire tree and change all the commit IDs, but not the tree IDs, it can often (or even always, now) figure out that it’s the same history and handle the problem. It’s not pretty, it’s more manual than it should be, but it is possible to edit the chain of custody to change a historical identity.
We do need to encourage more pseudonymous authorship, though,
>>
>>54845328
hey, the fat man in a dress and purple hair who sliced off his weewee is making sense
>>
>>54842801
>using your real name for git commits
USE A FUCKING ALIAS YOU COCK GOBBLING SOWS. THERE IS NO NEED TO EVER PERSONALLY IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN A GIT REPO

Fucking whores
>>
Women haven't really done anything to benefit society in general, why does anyone think they'll do anything groundbreaking in the software industry.
>>
>>54842801
>because most of the people who have worked on Git are cis men
like they know anything about it except Linus Torvalds created it, whom SJWs have been trying to nail with a false rape charge for years
>>
>>54845364
>Has never worked in industry as a software developer in his life.
>>
I consider myself rather liberal, but fuck this bullshit. The name and email address associated with Git commits are immutable by design. I seriously doubt Linus gives a flying fuck about this SJW bullshit, and no one else should, either. In fact, I'm ashamed of myself for even opening OP's link; I almost feel like I've consumed poison...
>>
>>54845436
>His company forces him to use his full name as given on his birth certificate for their internal git server
NIgger
>>
>>54842801
This is gold.

>The most seemingly trivial design decisions in a software project can show who is not present as part of that project.

Yeah like people not named Linus Torvalds. Linus basically took a week off from Linux and made git. It's not that minorities weren't present in the development. The team was 100% minority. That is the set of people named Linus Torvalds.
>>
>>54845430
Has he ever been known to have a love interest of any sort? I'm pretty sure he's gone on record and said how he doesn't like people.
>>
>>54844506
This, holy fuck are these people the kids who would break down crying if they gave them a nickname?
>>
You have to admire how much they've skewed the term 'sexism'.

I used to think of men smoking cigars in offices, slapping their secretaries ass as she brings in the beers.
What an age we live in.
>>
Why is it so hard for you all to just go "this is stupid" and disregard it

You give this stupid shit power by blowing so out of proportion
>>
>>54845531
What are you on about? Torvalds is married.
>>
this is stupid. The name should be whatever name you had at that moment in time. You could also use a username.
>>
>>54844496
Anon that tl;dr is shit

>Okay, these are the standards you must meet
>No woman can come close
Only case were that might happen is if the standard is having a penis or something like that, which would actually be sexist, as well as unrealistic

Change it to
>Almost every woman is too lazy to come close
and then we can talk
>>
>>54843879
Would you heed any opinions on kernel development from someone who's only known language is javascript?
>>
>>54845328
>We do need to encourage more pseudonymous authorship, though,

It wants to rename past commits so that they appear to come from it and not the person that actually contributed.
>>
>>54846232
It's not even laziness. That's still being too negative. They simply have DIFFERENT interests much of the time. Biology, medical research, and psychology are not easy fields, yet women outnumber men in all of them. There are well-established psychological differences between the sexes which lead them to be interested in different areas. I do not think women are less competent or less useful than men, but I am not at all surprised that they are underrepresented in CS.

Rather than saying that it's fine for women to pursue whatever interests them, some feminists say that women's interests are not OK. They act like male interests are the gold standard by which all people must be judged. Rather than saying that women should do whatever they wish, modern feminists say that women should behave exactly like men and anything else is a societal problem. Rather than embracing and celebrating the uniqueness of the female mind, modern feminists are so ashamed of it that they pretend it doesn't exist.

That's the irony of modern feminism: it hates femininity.
>>
>>54845364
NEET
>>
>>54846944
I wouldn't listen to anyone who only knows one language, no matter what that language is.
>>
>>54847245
Which is precisely why it's acceptable to disregard the opinions of wordpress users.
>>
>Accountability and accurate records are oppressive because they hurt my feelings
>We need a less accountable society with inaccurate records because I have a mental disorder that makes me unable to deal with reality
>Okay let's just change "NSA Agent John" to "trustworthy pro-GNU suzy" now.....

Yes and please require by law that nobody can bring up the time my friends in HS found out I liked lolicon
>>
>>54842801
Commits are historical logs and they don't need to change when a person changes their name. It's not like every movie studio went back and changed their credits from Bruce Jenner to Kaitlyn Jenner.
>>
File: 1464730746171.gif (848 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1464730746171.gif
848 KB, 665x662
>git is hard to use
>"Yeah, I was just referring to the command-line user interface"
>>
>>54844498
It could be designed so that the commit just references a crypto signature hash and the person who owns the signature can sign and publish a new identity file. Hell even for normal people that'd be useful to be able to update email addresses.
>>
>>54848736
That is totally unessecary
Its git
>>
>>54848708
Problem?
>>
That's like saying you changed your signature and have to recall all your receipts to resign them.

fuck off what a waste of time and resources. not having fucking gps trackers embedded into your skull is a good thing.
>>
>>54848876
>get thousands of users to change their accounts info in waves.
Unintended ddos.
Blame the trans
>>
>>54845436

Just use your middle name as your first for work

Employers dont care
>>
>>54848910
All the bullshit spewers. It's almost like it's a campaign against the last remaining intelligence left in the world.
God help us all. We are outnumbered.
>>
>>54845457
>Being so bad at programming you don't want your name tied to your work.
>>
File: 1463769372143.png (288 KB, 1639x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463769372143.png
288 KB, 1639x1080
>>54849085
But its not bullshit.They already got their way
>>
>>54849122
it's an eggplant.
>>
File: 1464592477022.png (488 KB, 1000x683) Image search: [Google]
1464592477022.png
488 KB, 1000x683
>>54849704
Aubergine*
>>
>>54842801
aiming le laz0rs @ feminist websites. join me if yall want. This is fucking cancer
>>
>>54850455
lol did you just DDoS the site? It was down for a few lol
>>
>>54851683
anon is such a le hacker xDeeee
>>
File: 1377292383591.jpg (52 KB, 639x803) Image search: [Google]
1377292383591.jpg
52 KB, 639x803
This thread is problematic
>>
>geekfeminism.org
>2012/09/29
>historical record of a user configured string to uniquely identify the committer is patriarchy

wew.
>>
#killallmen
>>
>>54842801
A vote for Trump is a vote against the madness known as Political Correctness
A vote for Trump is a vote to get rid of SJWs
A vote for Trump will get rid of shit like this thread.
>>
>>54854491
>trump is an ideologue just like SJWs

oh yeah you're doing god's work mate. Fortunately america is already nose diving so he can't do too much damage.
>>
I'm a dude but I have an honest interest and usually very strong agreement with radical (true) feminism, so let's see.

>>54842801

Let's address the individual points:

>the idea of immutable names is especially disadvantageous to women and trans people who change their names

There's several ways to look at this. Firstly, women changing their last names after marriage is itself a patriarchal institution. The "ownership" over the woman is transferred from her father (whose last name she had until then) to the husband (whose last name she takes on now). In modern countries, as far as I know, women are generally allowed to just keep their last name after marriage, and if a woman also faces material disadvantages from changing her name, then together with the added fact that last-name-changing is a patriarchal institution, wouldn't one really expect women to just not change their last names anymore? I would be all for it. If your husband insists, fuck him, get a better one.

Though IIRC there's jurisdictions where either the man or the woman must change their last name, i.e. they must have the same last name after marriage. Tricky.

When it comes to trans people, while I'm sympathetic towards the more honest ones (not the viciously misogynist trans activists like Paris Lees...), I still find it kind of dumb to not acknowledge that they are people with an exceptional (I would say medical) condition; to say that this has anything to do with patriarchy is silly IMO. To be considerate towards their exceptional situation is no different than being considerate towards people with a number of arbitrary disabilities; sure you do want to be considerate, but failing to be considerate out of thoughtlessness doesn't equate to freaking class oppression. (The transgender movement is usurping feminism by claiming class oppression instead of acknowledging that they have a medical condition.)

... oh, looks like that was the only point raised. Fair enough.
>>
>>54845693
He hates people then
>>
>not being allowed to rewrite history is patriarchal
wut

if you want to change your name or email address, go ahead, but why should that affect /past/ contributions?
if you made a commit as "john", you can't go back in time and make the same commit as "mary", that makes no sense
you were john at the time, you can't now say "i've always been mary", as that's simply not true

and this affects anyone who changes their name, not just "non-cis" people, whatever the fuck that means, sure it might affect certain groups more, but not intentionally
>>
>>54854601
>I'm a dude but I have an honest interest and usually very strong agreement with radical (true) feminism

literally stopped reading there
>>
>>54854688
I can't really blame him
>>
>>54854762

Did you actually read the article?
It means the past identity of a trans person will be uncovered, which might lead to ostracism if they were otherwise passing as a woman and not letting people know they're trans.

>>54854767

Yeah well I know /g/ is full of idiots, but a couple smart people should be around. You were obviously not the target audience.

BTW I can seriously recommend people to get into (radical/true) feminist classics, such as by Kate Millett, Andrea Dworkin, Catharine MacKinnon, Germaine Greer, Sheila Jeffreys, and so on. None of the patriarchy- and capitalism-coopted "liberal feminist" bullshit that tells women that being a slut if a totes "empowering" lifestyle choice and that letting men fuck you for money is a feminist act. The perspective on transgenderism is a lot more sober as well, not like "some women just have penises you fucking bigot!"

There's also http://www.feministcurrent.com/ for recent radfem news/articles/etc.
It's like maybe the most proper feminist website nowadays.

(Yeah, libfems are free to rage at me for stating what's "true feminism" despite me being a dude. Frankly I don't give a shit (so long as I'm anonymous lel).)
>>
>>54854864
>BTW I can seriously recommend people to get into (radical/true) feminist classics
Forgot to share the relevant link(s):
http://radfem.org/
http://radfem.org/dworkin
Free PDF and ebook downloads.
>>
How does "git", the program show the patriarchal nature of anything?
>>
>>54854864
>>54854885
I think you're on the wrong website anon.
>>
File: 1459487295667.png (249 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
1459487295667.png
249 KB, 340x314
>geekfeminism
>>
>>54854864
>It means the past identity of a trans person will be uncovered
how? and where in the article does it mention this? i must have missed it

>might lead to ostracism if they were otherwise passing as a woman and not letting people know they're trans.
i'd call that being dishonest, but that's just my opinion, and either way it's not the job of git to manage such an issue
>>
>>54854864
>>54854885

Please, please fuck off from /g/ and take
Your feminism to lgbt
>>
>>54854897

No, but you're on the wrong board.
>>>/pol/

>>54854918
>>It means the past identity of a trans person will be uncovered
>how?
"Hey who's this John Doe mentioned in old commits, I need to contact him about something regarding one of the commits he made."
Awkward.

>and where in the article does it mention this?
>the inability to change one’s name retroactively without disrupting others’ work can mean that trans people — particularly trans women, who are likely to face harsh social stigma in any space where their trans history is known — will have to cease to contribute to their projects when they transition

>i'd call that being dishonest
Is it dishonest if in an office setting I don't tell you I only have one testicle because I don't want you to think weird things about me?

>>54854959

Looks like someone got triggered.
Also /lgbt/ isn't feminism.
>>
>>54854786
He needs to film married with gnu/children
>>
>>54854970
>Muh /pol/ boogeyman
You're definitely either trolling or genuinely retarded. Either way, fuck off.
>>
>>54854999
Everyone who hops onto some retarded anti-feminist, anti-semitist, racist, Trump supporting, or similar bandwagon needs to fuck off to /pol/ and shitpost there.

Shut the fuck up when adults are speaking.
>>
>>54854970
there's this thing called "consequences", and in life, one must live with the consequences of their actions, this is true for everyone

changing yourself doesn't affect what you've done previously, git reflects this naturally
>>
>>54855058
This particular consequence doesn't *need* to be there in this case.

And what your legal name or sex was at some point in your life is absolutely irrelevant to what git actually cares about: the human identity of the committer. I have two legal names with different last names; it's unclear what name I should use for git; nowadays I settled with a long, verbose combination of the two names that includes a slash sign. Even this is somewhat inconvenient sometimes. I don't have a clear alternative proposal, but it's not so that using names is the absolute most natural and right thing to do for git. Hell, names aren't even unique identifiers.
>>
>>54855109
I have 4 names.
I use one for git.
Never had a problem.
You are a troll or plain retarded.
>>
File: 1294725445881.png (147 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
1294725445881.png
147 KB, 380x264
>>54855165
>this hasn't caused problems for me so if it has for you you must either be retarded or a troll
Charming.
>>
>>54855109
>>54855206
what would you suggest? unless i missed something else, the article also didn't mention a solution
the world can't be ideal for everyone, if something doesn't work for you, fix it or deal with it
>>
>>54855206
Yep. Retarded. Lemme guess u snipperino de dickerino.
>>
>>54855030
Fuck off, you're a terrible troll.
>>
>>54855252
>expecting solutions from SJWs

Their whole premise is based on the notion of "having" a problem. Also there can't be a solution to this. Removing the committer name from the calculated hash makes it utterly useless and at best only shifts the problem, as now the email is the identity.

Next up: Wah, I can apply for jerbs because my email was [email protected]
>>
>>54855252
I said above I don't have an alternative in mind. (>>54855109) I was merely reacting to the reactionary idiots going HURR DURR DEAL WITH IT THIS IS HOW IT IS.

Further above I pointed out that it would be great if women just refused to change their last names upon marriage, since it's a patriarchal institution anyway. (>>54854601) You can see my opinion on the trans perspective in the same post.

>>54855282
>>54855335
>>54855426
>triggered manchildren
>>
>>54855541
>making fun of people for being triggered
oh, the irony
>>
>>54855574
Please just follow standard report and ignore protocol when dealing with trolls
>>
If they don't like it maybe they should create there own version control system that allows you to change your name easily, rather than whining about straight white men.
>>
Some of these cultists are not even trying anymore. Even normies are starting to notice the lack of coherence.
>>
I'm a fucking trans woman and I can confirm that being unable to change my name on a git project has inconvienienced me 0% of the time

Feminism is reaching to find problems so fucking hard holy shit
>>
>>54842801
why the fuck are feminists on /g/ now?
who the FUCK told them about this place and WHY?
>>
>>54855825
>>>/lgbt/
Fuck off freak
>>
>>54855847
Moot did because he wanted to sell the site to gawker through his girlfriend. But then he got cucked, and then he got dumped.
>>
>>54855847
I'm convinced they're just trolls
>>
>>54842801
>baaaawwww can't change my last name
What kind of self respecting feminist would change her name to the name of the husband anyway?
>>
>>54842801
>geekfeminism.org
nope
>misusing the word patriarchy because feminists are retarded
par for the course
>complaining instead of making the solution they want
of course that would require talent and intelligence, something few feminists have

Yet another 'waaaah we want you to change your product to match our feefees'

They can go suck a cock or start making their own shit
>>
>>54842801
Why should anyone change anything to appease men acting like women?

You don't feed into the delusions of the mentally ill, you try to help them
>>
>>54856235
Because otherwise, daddy government will slap your ass (with a hefty fine)
>>
>>54855541
I have no idea what you're on about with this marriage name changing. Are you saying women should just stop taking their husbands name so as to avoid the situation where they need to change their name on an internet site?

Almost all of the people I know on facebook do not use their real last name, but instead use an abbreviation or some random word as a last name.
I would rather encourage people to use such naming schemes for the internet than to to tell them to just not change their names in real life.
>>
>>54854864
Biggest cuck post of the year
>>
>>54856442
>they have racial meanings
no they don't
>>
>>54856485
Yes they do you ignorant bigot
>>
>>54856515
not they're not
they have racial associations, but what doesn't
>>
Feminism Is Cancer
>>
>>54848835
Is that Logan in hipster disguise?
>>
>>54855541
>I was merely reacting to the reactionary idiots going HURR DURR DEAL WITH IT THIS IS HOW IT IS

So in other words you were just stirring shit?

You know why Git entries are immutable. They're immutable because Git was designed to be the version control system for Linux, so commits needed to be traceable to their committers for copyright reasons (to prevent bullshit like the SCO lawsuits) and commits need to be immutable to protect against sabotage (like the backdoor in the primary CVS kernel mirror that was uncovered in 2003).

If you want to be able to change the author or committer fields of a commit, don't include them in the commit data. They're literally just two lines of text in the commit object. It should be a fairly trivial change to git to omit those fields, though it will break things like `git blame`.
>>
To the sweating fat entity that calls itself a feminist.

None of this should matter in terms of code development; github is not a social club nor is it any form of social media where any of this should be relevant. If any of this identity crap it really does bother any of the contributors, just upload commits anonymously. No one should care unless it breaks the project, vice versa people would be elated if it helps the project even if the user is unknown. Their feelings are irrelevant, they should be able to contribute irregardless unless they want something else (and it it always something else) other than a complete and functional code project.
>>
>>54856623
>github search is broken beyond any usability, it's significantly better to clone and grep through a project
>does the github staff fix it? No, that would be misogynistic!
>instead the github staff implements FUCKING EMOJI on a SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SITE
>do they fix it after implementing FUCKING EMOJI on their SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SITE?
>nope, they add preset phrases (a thing with a total usability score of 0 on a SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SITE).
>>
>>54843977
This desu senpai
>>
>>54856541
They actually do. Slave is derived from Slav. White people were the original slaves and using such terms is anti-white propaganda.
>>
>>54844596
Why would they let a trans women into their feminist movement? Isn't that like inviting a jew into the nazi party?
Seems weird.
>>
>>54842801

What is this shit?!?!

Honestly, it's an insult for every transgender person that some asshole can just spill his stupid opinion and pretends to represent a minority.

People get distracted from real problems by such stupid shit claims..
"oh, it's called http-request, that's so opressing! why not call it gender-request?"

Fucking assholes, stop using gender people for your one (wo)man crusades.
>>
>>54847960
>Yes and please require by law that nobody can bring up the time my friends in HS found out I liked lolicon

why'd you reveal your powerlevel you pleb?
>>
>>54856796
They could just change it to publisher / subscriber instead of introducing new terms.
>>
Is there a list of feminism related bullshit in open source? For when I need a good laugh.
>>
File: no thank you.jpg (61 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
no thank you.jpg
61 KB, 380x380
>>54854970
>>
Erasing the past is bad, unless it's my past.
>>
What is the problem? You can change your name and every future commit will be with this new name.
Sure there will be awkward situations when you change your name, but there should be, or everyone would just do it all the time.
If you work on a project for eight years under your given name, and get a sex change and rename yourself to faggot MC dickless, people will know who you are.
That is not something that is wrong with git, that is something that is wrong with you.
You were bill for 8 years, you didn't change it before. You shouldn't have the ability to rewrite history just because you feel special.

Pencils aren't sexist because they don't alter your name when you change it somewhere else.

Fucking moron.
>>
>It’s likely that most of them just didn’t think about what would happen if a developer needed to change their name retroactively, because most of the people who have worked on Git are cis men.
Jesus Christ this is why we shouldn't let women into IT.

The mass media, and various groups of people who's part of the lost generation have been brainwashed to this freaking equality agenda where things not going woman's way is evil patriarchy encroaching to threaten woman's rights.

Required watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJVJ5QRRUE
>>
>>54855574
>not getting that the irony is intended
>saying "oh the irony"
Oh, the irony!

>>54856308
>Are you saying women should just stop taking their husbands name so as to avoid the situation where they need to change their name on an internet site?
I'm saying it's historically a marker of their oppression anyway (an indicator of what man owns them), and if it also additionally causes them real inconveniences in modern life, then they now have two reasons to stop the practice, and no coherent reason to continue it as far as I can imagine.

>just use a non-real name
Works too. (Doesn't address the first name issue though.)

>>54856351
>non-ironically using the word "cuck"
>>>/pol/
>>>/r9k/

>>54856568
I was slapping those who stir shit in the face, urging them to use their brains.

It doesn't seem to have worked.
>>
>>54856442
This is an absolutely legit concern. Slavery is no laughing matter.

>>54856842
You just summed up the radical feminist perspective.
Though it would be more sensible if you said "isn't that like a Jewish group accepting a Nazi".
>>
>>54856623
>I didn't even read the article

How about you keep your mouth shut instead of letting it drip shit everywhere if you're not even interested in reading an argument before giving a knee-jerk reaction to it?
>>
>>54856220
>>misusing the word patriarchy
The word "patriarchy" has had an established meaning in feminist discourse since at least 40 years.

But go on being an ignorant retard.
>>
If there's feminism in your resume the only job you have at any place is a public toilet.

That is if you're attractive of course.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.