[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the hell do I actually get to interview?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
>graduate in Computer Science
>applying for software engineer, database engineer, Business analyst, data analyst positions
>have some work experience making a website for someone
>check resume with friends who work as hiring managers
>say resume looks good
>apply for jobs
>don't even get an HR interview
>just get an email saying they are looking elsewhere

How the hell do I actually get an interview at these software companies? I have applied to a bunch of fucking places and the only replies are emails stating they are looking elsewhere with no fucking reason as to why I failed.

Does your resume have to cater specifically to that job you're applying for? I just made a general resume and it seems to be getting me shot down.
>>
Make stuff. Think about what software doesn't exist, or what software doesn't run the way you'd want it to, and then make it. If you start creating projects and posting them online, especially if you make something that people start actually using, you're going to look a lot more attractive. Give them something they can try out and see how good your work is.
>>
>>54841681
Bumping for interest. I'll graduate soon.
My professor said software engineers make 40,000€ starting (which is a lot where I live), but I don't think that's true if you have no experience.
>>
>>54841733

I figured the website I did for my boss would have at least gotten me to the interviews but I guess not.

What kind of projects are good for a guy wanting to do SQL shit and software engineer?

really complicated calculator? relational database designs? a program that analyzes data from a dataset?
>>
>>54841848
Build a social network like Facebook except better
>>
File: 1368638532828.jpg (25 KB, 292x261) Image search: [Google]
1368638532828.jpg
25 KB, 292x261
>>54841961

t-thanks
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.