[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a wireless card? I've had to move my desktop to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: what.png (146 KB, 578x424) Image search: [Google]
what.png
146 KB, 578x424
What is a wireless card? I've had to move my desktop to a room without any ethernet ports. What do I do?
>>
Grab a brick and hit yourself repeatedly in the forehead.

After regaining consciousness, read the sticky, apply the newly acquired knowledge from the sticky in your life.

After you're successful leave /g/ and never come back again.
>>
>>54838921
Suck a load of dicks OP, then wireless will work wonders for your idiot face
>>
I use a cheap usb wireless card and its worked great.

I've always been told to avoid internal wifi cards because of inadvertent shielding caused by the pc case. even with the antennae outside the case, you can still position it in a way that your pc case will shield your antennae from your router signal, wheras the usb adapters are el-cheapo and can be strung a short distance away from the pc to a radio-friendly location
>>
Download pdanet and use some old android tablet/phone to give your desktop wifi. That's what I did.
>>
File: ipp320-ctl-card.jpg (2 MB, 5616x3744) Image search: [Google]
ipp320-ctl-card.jpg
2 MB, 5616x3744
>>54838921
>What is a wireless card?
We've had them in Europe for quite a while now. Pic related is the card and reader. As you can see they're basically the same as non-wireless ones

>I've had to move my desktop to a room without any ethernet ports.
cool

>What do I do?
do stuff like watch movies and play single player games
>>
>>54838988
I'd never heard about that shielding problem, thanks. I'll probably just pick up a USB one then.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.