[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 14-121-770-03.jpg (162 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14-121-770-03.jpg
162 KB, 640x480
I currently have SLI 770 in my rig and I am upgrading to 1080 when it FUCKING ARRIVES I know you can't run SLI with two different cards but physics can still be handled by another card. Do you think I should trade my 770 to a guy for his 970 and use that as physics? And do you believe what they are saying about "Being able to SLI different cards in the future?" and how would that scale to Maxwell and Pascal?
>>
>>54838601
Sounds reasonable.
>T.Nvidiot 780 SLI
>>
>>54838601
970 is massive overkill for physx. Hardly any games use it extensively.
>>
>>54838601
If the Ashes of the Singularity devs are anything to go by, you still wouldn't want to SLI/Crossfire two cards which are massively different in performance.
Maybe in the future they'll fix the issues, but even with DX12 right now, you're encouraged NOT to turn on MGPU if you'd be mixing DGPU+IGPU
>>
>>54838601
>trade 770 for 970
wat
is this guy retarded
>>
>>54838601
If you don't have to pay a lot for the 970, go for it. 970 would help in some games that use GPU for physx, but for example in Witcher 3 the physx is run on CPU, so it will lower your CPU usage ...
>>
>>54839183
I guess I won't do it, ill just SLI 2 1080s

>>54839127
Yeah I thought so,

>>54839189
I would have to trade both for his 970
>>
>>54839248
ok so he is retarded
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.