[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cat Ear Headphones Alternative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: literal cancer.png (377 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
literal cancer.png
377 KB, 480x479
I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones for mostly just outside use (Not necessarily looking for a strict gaming headset here).

Those new cat ear headphones have basically everything I'm looking for, so I'm trying to find something similar to those that won't make me look like a faggot.

Qualities that I'm looking for here:
>Over the ear headphones with noise reduction
>The ability to play music externally on speakers from the headphones (Similar to Boomphones or Flips Audio Headphones)
>Volume control and a skip button
>Some sort of mic for gaming that isn't complete garbage. The detachable one on this headset was pretty neat imo
>Won't make me look like I have autism
>>
No pair of headphones can achieve that
>>
>>54837787
You basically limited yourself to IEMs.
>>
get them, cut the ears off, paint over the pink
>>
On second thought, that was really a tall order. Let's just say something that is significantly less autistic than these headphones
>>
If I can be honest, I think they're cute, but I've heard they're really bad quality.

Can't help with the external speaker thing. Paging headphone general?
>>
>>54837787

>noise reduction

Do you mean ANC/ANR? The cat headphones don't have that, just fyi. If you just mean passive insulation, then alright. Just pop over to /hpg/ and ask for closed cans for outside use. I personally like my M50x's.

>The ability to play music externally on speakers from the headphones

Use a Bluetooth speaker like a normal person, jesus christ. Better quality, doesn't look stupid, and you don't need to carry it on your head. There's no reason for a pair of headphones to also be speakers.

>Volume control and a skip button

If this is absolutely essential you've pretty much restricted yourself to gaming headsets here. If not, let's continue

>Some sort of mic for gaming that isn't complete garbage.

see: ModMic 4.0. Practically guaranteed to be better quality than whatever trash mic the cat headphones used. If you're poor you can use a Zalman or Neewer clip-on mic
>>
>>54837787
I saw some weeb faggot wearing this shit at comic con. Unless you're a qt azn girl, you will only look autistic.
>>
>>54837787
I have those cat ear headphones, got 'em solely for the looks. They're pretty bad.
>>
>>54839031

>got 'em solely for the looks

Explain your thought process. You saw them and thought "Ah, this is the perfect thing to make me look like a complete faggot"?

If you are actually a twink or petite Asian girl, you're excused. Otherwise, what the fuck?
>>
>>54839255
I went through a phase where I really liked neko girls/guys. That's all I'm going to say.
>>
File: yui.png (140 KB, 362x908) Image search: [Google]
yui.png
140 KB, 362x908
>>54837787
Faggy. Just get some Koss Porta Pros and a Xiaomi bluetooth speak and be done with it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.