[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demonsaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_20160531_135946.png (157 KB, 1592x917) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160531_135946.png
157 KB, 1592x917
Why are you not using Demonsaw yet, /g/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMfQQoHHLBA (This is old, the interface etc. looks completely different now)
https://demonsaw.com/
https://defcon.org/images/defcon-22/dc-22-presentations/Elijah/DEFCON-22-Eijah-Saving-Cyberspace-by-Reinventing-File-Sharing-Updated.pdf

I really want to make a 4chan group. Use the RMS.png from the sticky as a cipher with the default settings and use the default demonbucket router.

By the way, open-sourcing the project is planned at some point and the audit is imminent since there's now real funding. 3.0 release is also planned soon.
>>
>>54834460
I'm not going to install some botnet bullshit that comes directly from a defcon speaker

Defcon is filled to the brim with law enforcement and government plants, it's very likely that this software was specifically created to snare 1337 pirate kiddos into installing malware, like the ones you'd find in /g/.
>>
>>54834496
That's why I'm installing it in a VM and use a VPN to test it until it's audited.
>>
>>54834460
I fucking love that theme.

Is that KDE?
>>
>>54834527
It is, yes. The application uses Qt natively on all systems (the same thing KDE uses) -- it will look the same everywhere.
>>
>>54834532
The .css file used to style the Qt widgets is also in the zip file, if you want to use it.
>>
So this is like BittorentSync?
>>
>>54834544
>BittorentSync
No, watch the defcon talk.
>>
>>54834557
I'm not watching a 50 min video
>>
>>54834557
>>54834567

29 minutes in specifically. (This is about an OLD version, but the same principles that makes it secure apply)
>>
File: laughing-girls-meme.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughing-girls-meme.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>54834460
> using closed-source security software made by people from the world's largest black-hat hacker conference
>>
In theory it could really help out those scene release groups. Lower the loads, cheaper with distributed servers across the world, anonymous, plus the ability to share it with others across the world.

But the technology is untested and we'll really have to see a more mature opensourced version for it to be trusted.
>>
>>54835383
I agree, that's why I really am using a VPN to connect with/to it and installed it on Linux, so I can see exactly what gets installed into my system. I can remove every trace of it by removing the package, I wouldn't run it on Windows where there are a million ways to compromise your system.
>>
>>54834460
Not being open already is a huge red-flag
>>
>>54836507
I know, it sucks. I hope it gets open-sourced.
>>
Is this basically new-age DC++?
>>
>>54834460
In windows, how can you enter RMS.png as a cipher?
>>
>>54836764
You connect, then go to group and load the RMS.png as a single cipher key. by pressing + in the top right corner and enable it.
>>
>>54836954
Groups empty. RIP
>>
>>54836962
Joining right now. And it's not empty, it only shows people who are actually online.
>>
>>54836962
>>54836978
Check chat
>>
This software is a joke.

The company that made it has LITERALLY already sold out to McAfee, this "software" is no longer anything more than a simple corporate shill.

Good software releases its protocols and sources FIRST and then its application SECOND. Where are the whitepapers on this shit?

The guy in the defcon videos sounds like hes at a TED talk, what a fucking tool.
>>
>>54837699
> wha wha people much more successful than I don't release software like I want them to
>>
>>54837720
fuck off elija
>>
>>54837749
Eijah*
>>
>>54837754
Sounds like a Jewish name. I don't trust him
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.