[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't you guys tell me that the hardest part of CPU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101 KB, 1440x1080
Why didn't you guys tell me that the hardest part of CPU assembly is installing aftermarket coolers and not the installation of the processor itself??
>>
>>54830783
you bought a Hyper 212, didn't you?
>>
>>54830793
Close, it's the 212x
>>
>>54830783
Because they're both retardedly easy.
>>
Why didn't you guys tell me that the hardest part of tying your shoes is making the loops and not the tying itself??
>>
the worst part is installing your OS and all the drivers and setting up different HDDs and downloading stuff
>>
>>54830801
You thought that was hard? Try the stock Intel HSF. Designed by the devil.
>>
>>54830801
those coolers, while super cheap and have good performance, are among the worst to mount to a board. if you can handle that, any other cooler will be easy.
>>
That is part of the reason I went with closed loop liquid cooling. Easier to mount, and doesn't take up a good chunk of the upper part of the board if you need to work on it.
>>
File: 8293311e957ce1f7c6f834272715a527.png (1010 KB, 852x1304) Image search: [Google]
8293311e957ce1f7c6f834272715a527.png
1010 KB, 852x1304
speaking of first world retard problems
>order a new cpu online
>Saturday 5:50 am Departed FedEx location
>literally 1 state away i could have driven to the FedEx it left in just under 2 hours
>tuesday 1:32 am
>still in transit from its first location
>>
>>54830849
You mean the pushpin ones? They still exist, right?
>>
Op here Gigabyte H170 gaming 3 motherboard paired with a 212x.
Long story short, I put my motherboard for RMA because I screwed it to the standoffs too tightly. Apparently youtube videos saying "you may/have to apply force" doesn't mean i can go ham on screwing it down.

At least I didn't bend the pins on either the mobo or the cpu :^)
>>
>>54830874
This:
>Order new GPU
>Newegg has a shipping warehouse in my state and is normally pretty quick about stuff, no need for 1 day shipping!
>Ships it from California, which is on the other side of the country.
>Fucking FedEx, the worst one possible.
>Still over in goddamn Nevada since last week.

God I hate FedEx...
>>
>>54830922
Are you talking about the one in Edison, NJ? I always do Will Call and pick up my orders same day. That's what I've done for the past year and plan on doing with my 1070
>>
>>54830943
Nah, the one I am referring to is actually in TN. Sadly it is like 4+ hours away from me and isn't worth the trip.
>>
>>54830943
Same thing here. Also in tn. Mine is in Kansas rn.
>>
>>54831015
Meant for
>>54830922
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.