[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought a new Chromebook Pixel (2013) for $400. tfw 4gb RAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: devices-selector-pixel.jpg (50 KB, 600x370) Image search: [Google]
devices-selector-pixel.jpg
50 KB, 600x370
Bought a new Chromebook Pixel (2013) for $400.

tfw 4gb RAM

Tell me how bad it sucks /g/.
>>
>>54828313
just throw ubuntu on it and call it a day senpai
>>
>>54828348
I'll be installing GNU/Linux
>>
>>54828411
k just be careful with the touchpad support chromebooks have shit support ive noticed latel :^)
>>
>>54828418
>>>54828411 (You)
>k just be careful with the touchpad support chromebooks have shit support ive noticed latel :^)
Thanks for the pro tip you hip bro
>>
>>54828313
Where did you get it for that cheap?
>>
>>54828418
>>54828433
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>54828566
I got mine from Amazon, but now it's sold out. It's even cheaper here though:

http://www.expansys-usa.com/google-chromebook-pixel-2013-b-stock-2560x1700-touchscreen-i5-3427u-4gb-32gb-290369/
>>
>>54828980
I just ordered it through eBay. I've been looking for a laptop with a high quality build that I could put OpenBSD on, and was about to suck it up and get a Mac. This is just the thing. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>54829060
Glad I could help
>>
>>54829060
What's the method for installing a different OS on a chromebook? I thought they were fairly locked down and you had to jump through some hoops to do it
>>
>>54828313
I kind of want one. I actually like Chrome OS.

Ubuntu is better, though. Would I miss anything installing Ubuntu on it?
>>
Nothing wrong w/it as long as you know what you're getting. No DVD/Bluray support. No software downloads aside from "extensions". Shitty storage so you'll have to lug a HD around with you or rely on Drive.

If all you do is on the web and you don't care about getting outside the Google universe, it's fine.
>>
My Asus C200 Chromebook 13 was straight dogshit out of the box but after installing John Lewis' Baytrail ROM and Arch it's a pretty solid school computer for $200.

Chrome OS is probably the most immature OS I've ever used. Don't buy one if you're not prepared to install something else.
>>
File: surface_3.png (316 KB, 1366x583) Image search: [Google]
surface_3.png
316 KB, 1366x583
>>54828313
>chrome os
You fucked up pretty bad. You could have bought pic related instead. Return it if you still can.
>>
>>54830079
>Windows 10
>>
>>54830079
I thought the surface was great until I realized it just meant I got a smaller screen than a regular laptop. I have a small chromebook that also looked appealing for size/portability until the 11 inch screen made me have to keep the screen close to my face the whole time. Get a bigger chromebook than 11 inches, trust me.
>>
>>54829999
>>54829817
>>54828348
Top memes

Chromeos is far better than any distro for one important reason: it has bar none the best compositor not on an apple machine. If scrolling through 4chan as smooth as chromeos does on real core I processors doesn't give you a stiffy then you have to be blind

Any other application you would ever use on a laptop can be installed through crouton

Media storage is solved through SD card
>>
>>54830079
Cool atom processor
>>
>>54830079
osx, linux > chrome os > pic related > any windows other than 10 > "we're losing cabin pressure" > windows 10
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.