[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you doing to help end ISP domination of the internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 18xp3wnk0q65ujpg.jpg (86 KB, 636x598) Image search: [Google]
18xp3wnk0q65ujpg.jpg
86 KB, 636x598
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/05/21/why-isps-and-cable-companies-are-the-most-hated-co.aspx

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/lobbyists-net-neutrality-fcc/

- In most places, have a complete or a near-complete monopoly on service
- Offer shit service because of this
- Enforce the wishes of Hollywood to threaten and data mine their customers
- #1 Most hated companies in existence
- Biggest lobbyists for ending net neutrality
>>
File: ewewe.png (32 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
ewewe.png
32 KB, 300x135
TWC is pretty good fa.m. Only paying $45 for this.
>>
>>54828174
don't like the service? don't use it. it's not water. you won't die if they just cut you off.

the free market will fix everything, anon. or what, are you a commie?
>>
What can be done?
>>
>>54828174
>start a revolution against ISP
>we somehow manage to take them down
>google, microsoft, facebook and amazon are now internet providers.

I'm not sure of anything now.
>>
>>54828252
>2016
>Hurr durr just go without using the worldwide communications net hurr
And maybe we can return to midwives and bloodletting too.
>the free market's answer is to devolve technologically

>the free market will fix everything
Oh boy...you mean like giving the ISPs enough power that they become some of the largest lobbyists in Washington?

>>54828277
Very little at the moment. America hasn't really been enforcing its anti-trust laws, which would really help a lot of this. Lobbying for stronger anti-trust laws, especially concerning tech and telecom companies would be a real boon tot he issues they cause. Wireless mesh networks can be used, but typically require neighborhood cooperation. The most important thing is to make sure everyone is aware and begins to speak out against the power the Telecom companies have in America at least. In totalitarian states like Germany, I'm not sure what can be done, except to outright overthrow the government.

>>54828342
Like hell. Every company you named needs flat-out shut down.
>>
>TFW local politicians so corrupt they killed municipal fiber movement

Only thing we can do is wait out the old folks. Change comes 1 funeral at a time.
>>
>>54830799
That'll never work because plutocrats just get replaced with younger plutocrats and with anti-trust laws not working AT ALL, the rich just keep purchasing power and consent.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.