[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I recently built my first ever pc and when I turn it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: MadreBoard.jpg (305 KB, 1747x1165) Image search: [Google]
MadreBoard.jpg
305 KB, 1747x1165
Hey /g/,

I recently built my first ever pc and when I turn it on, every thing is working, the fans are spinning and such. But here's the problem, I connected my pc to my Tv through hdmi and shows a black screen with "no signal" in the middle of the screen. Any ideas?

Side note: I also plugged the pc into a monitor and same results.
>>
>>54824939
Part list?
>>
are you using a video card? video card likely bork or not installed correctly

are you plugging into the motherboard? make sure you're not just getting output on only one connection -- read your motherboard manual in regards to this

and for fucks sake for future reference don't be one of those retards who doesn't google their issues, reads the docs, but also doesn't provide any fucking relevant info
>>
>>54824939
At least list the parts you have in your build
>>
>>54825011
>>54824993
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/X6Pmf7
>>
if the mobo is second hand with cpu make sure integrated GFX is not switched off if youre not using a GFX card.
>>
>>54824994
Only one hdmi cord is connected from the tv to the pc, and through the motherboard. The manual only had 4 pages and is wasn't a step by step instruction, just labels
>>54825036
Alright, I'll make sure to check on that
>>
>>54825058
Connect it to the PC through the video card.
>>
>>54825691
I did, no signal
>>
>>54825832
Try using the motherboard port but without the take the video card out of the PC. You might also have problems with your ram, so try running one of the sticks and then the other (seperately)
>>
>>54825878
but without the video card*
>>
>>54825878
>>54825892
I did, no signal. I also checked the ram, still nothing
>>
Have you made sure that the input settings on the tv is set to hdmi yet? Have you turned it off and on yet? Have you tried resetting it? Just figured I'd point out the obvious possibly solutions.
>>
>>54826596
How do I reset the tv settings?
>>
On the remote there should be either a menu button or a setting button depending on the type of tv. From there double check the input settings to make sure it is set to the correct hdmi input (some tvs have more than 1 hdmi so make sure you get the right one) .usually the reset button is the last available option. For more info on how to do that Google the make and model of you tv and find the online Manuel for it.
>>
Unplug everything out of the psu and motherboard, then plug them back in firmly
>>
>>54826620
are you using the right output part? (example HDMI 1) if it has multiple ports?
that could be your issue, though im sure you know how to buttons
>>
Don't listen to the other anons here ignoring the fact that you've tried it with a monitor and a tv, what you need to do is get a Seasonic PSU with more wattage. It's always good to overshoot, I'd recommend you power off your PC and don't try to turn it on again until the new PSU shows up. A new gaming keyboard with yellow neons for power wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>54824939

Sweet Republic of Goyim.
>>
plug the hdmi cord into the video card, not the mobo

made that mistake on my 1st build
>>
>>54826686
Did that, went though all the sources
>>54826698
No signal
>>54826702
There is 2 hdmi outports, one from mobo and graphics card, tried both of them and still no signal /:
>>54826742
Hmmmm, seems tempting, thanks, I'll try to get it
>>54826743
Ok
>>
>>54826759
same here
>>
Had the exact same problem , turned out the CPU was fried. I RMAed it and once i got the replacement it POSTed and its been working fine ever since.
>>
>>54826759
Already tried it
>>54826818
The cpu is new

Could it be that I placed too much thermal paste? I placed like a rice grain size and spread it around on the cpu back.....but idk
>>
>>54825058
>The manual only had 4 pages
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170%20Pro4S/?cat=Manual

If you didn't get the full manual you might have gotten a return item. send it back
>>
>>54826842
Thanks, the mobo is working fine so I might probably get another one if it's defective /:<
>>
>>54826838

Doesnt matter that its new , they do come DOA as much as graphics cards do. There can be a problem if the thermal paste touched the pins on the motherboard
>>
Also try connecting it through a different port
>>
>>54826896
Ugh, great, so there might be a chance that the cpu could be defective or good and I have no idea since my tv can't get a signal with my pc /: I checked and no thermal paste has seeped through on the cpu
>>54826934
I did, no signal /:
>>
>>54826888
How do you know the mobo is working fine if you have no video from the mobo?
>>
>>54826962
Well, the fans connected to the mother board is working fine, the cpu cooler is spinning, and the graphics card's fans are spinning. So I'm guessing it's working
>>
If the CPU was good you wouldnt make this thread. 6700ks have an insane failure rate , ive seen 15 or so threads here and on plebbit about them coming doa but for haswell ive seen 2 or 3. Fans spinning up and lights switching on means motherboard is doing its job as intended but CPU is fucking up. There is a way to test tho , let it cool down for a few minutes then boot up and after 15-20 secs of no signal shut it down and touch the cpu. If its not hot at all or its blazingly hot that means its foobar
>>
Also if you have a power button led is it functioning?
>>
>>54827029
Alright, going to test it. People kept on telling me "Oh, get the best so you won't upgrade for a few years", uggggh
>>54827049
the led buttons are working fine
>>
Guys, this might sound dumb of me. I only have the hdmi connected to the TV to the PC. Shouldn't I get the red,yellow, and white cables connected as well?
>>
>>54827009
that just means it has power
>>
>>54827127
Oh
>>
are you getting any error beeps?
>>
>>54827186
No, not at all
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.