[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ember.js hipster garbage (more so than Angular)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: emberjs.png (180 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
emberjs.png
180 KB, 500x500
Is Ember.js hipster garbage (more so than Angular)?
>>
>The logo is a self insert fursona of the fatlard developer
Worse than GO's logo. And yes, it's hipster arts degree tier garbage. Just like yeoman, jhipster and most other shit "web devs" make up.
>>
File: yehuda-cb1173c9.jpg (34 KB, 319x404) Image search: [Google]
yehuda-cb1173c9.jpg
34 KB, 319x404
>>54822627
>>The logo is a self insert fursona of the fatlard developer
Geez oh man
>>
>>54822627
>it's hipster arts degree tier garbage
Is that a conclusion you drew based on the logo? The common criticism of Ember is that it's overengineered and reinvents the wheel. "Arts degree tier garbage" implies the opposite.
>>
>>54822685
Well I answered your question "Is Ember.js hipster garbage". If you want to talk about functionality and features, I took a look through the docs, found that it brings nothing new to the table. There's plenty of other project generators that offer the exact same thing with templating engines, routing, etc. I wouldn't waste a second using this at its current state.
>>
>>54822803
>I took a look through the docs
You mean, right now?
>>
>>54822431
>a new technology i dont like is now automatically hipster garbage
sucks to be you op.
try angular 2 some time. its pretty great.
ember is also very decent.
>>
>>54823051
>>a new technology i dont like is now automatically hipster garbage
Hey, I'm not saying that. I am skeptical about Ember, in part because of its ties to the Rails community, but ultimately I mean the question in the OP as a genuine question.

I've been keeping an eye on Angular 2. I didn't like the first one at all but version 2 looks much better to me, especially thanks to the use of TypeScript. Do you think Ember can compete with Angular 2?
>>
>>54823224
no angular 2 wins hands down.
even though it technically is sitll in beta it is ready for production and it is very mature.
also you do not have to use typescript if you want. though it is better than writing plain old es5.
id advise the use of typescript or direct es6.

the next time you do a personal project try out ember. and judge for yourself.
>>
>>54823255
>the next time you do a personal project try out ember
That's my plan. It might not be too informative, though, because Ember fans seem to be saying that Ember's strengths really show themselves in larger, long-term projects.
>>
ember is actually good as far as frameworks go, that's why react and angular 2 is copying it
>>
>>54822431
you'd think the literal hipster glasses on the logo would be a pretty good hint
>>
I would choose Ember rather than Angular1/2. Basically if SPA then React or Ember
>>
Yes, but they're easy, look good in your CV, and they barely take a weekend to become proficient with them. You have no excuses to not learn them.
>>
what are these fucking cunts doing... no wonder everyone thinks web dev is going down hill fast.

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12004
>>
>>54822431
>*.js
>logo has thick rimmed glasses and a "retro" script font
No shit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.