[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAHAHAH This must be a joke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: failed project.jpg (126 KB, 970x647) Image search: [Google]
failed project.jpg
126 KB, 970x647
>Cant upgrade CPU
>Cant upgrade GPU
>Cant upgrade RAM
>Cant upgrade Screen

Only modules available are speakers, baterry modules (because fuck battery cases ) cameras for shitty selfies and camera lenses so hípsters can take pictures

Oh ... guess what? It wont admit SD cards ... HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Buy our STORAGE MODULE GOY .HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>54819729
>phone fall on its back.
>back camera module shatters
>>
>>54819729
>phone falls into the watter
>6 modules and phone fucked
>>
>>54819729
>sister´s friend sleeping over
>takes her store module and put it into my phone , see all her personal files and nudes
>>
>>54819729
>finger scanner module lost
>cant log into my phone
>>
storage module is big as fuck
as big as a battery
>>
>>54819748
>you can just replace it
>don't have to open up the whole phone to change the lens / don't have to buy a new one if you're a normie
>>54819766
same as above, just replace them, and it would be the same with any phone
>>
Its such a bad idea anyway.

Phones are not like desktops, phones are carried around everywhere with you, they should be as slim, as light and as though as possible (preferably waterproof). Modular design goes against all that. Its simply impractical.
>>
How doesn't it constantly fall apart?
Why are there no third party modules?
Where is the water proof module?
Where is the thermal imaging camera module?
Is there a FM receiver module?
Is there a quad sim module?
Is there an antenna module for working on the go (needed in a train)?
Is there an E-Ink module?
Is there an HDMI out module with RCA out etc.?
HiFi module?
And most importantly: Where do I put my dick in?
>>
>>54819729
ya it's pretty stupid. it was weird to see google go from a good company when I was 14 years old to such a shitty company now, with jewish corruption and shady business practices on top
>>
>>54820647
Don't be evil, anon. Just don't be evil.
>>
>>54820588
>Where is the water proof module?
Is that thing supposed to activate a force field bubble when you go underwater or what
>>
File: Capture546.png (422 KB, 579x577) Image search: [Google]
Capture546.png
422 KB, 579x577
I understand the non-replaceable CPU/GPU bit. If you look at the source code of any Android ROM, you'll notice that the kernel is heavily customized specifically for the device and the user space has a few tweaks here and there. So replacing the CPU will render the phone literally unbootable without the need to replace the kernel and a fair amount of user space shit.
The screen however is bullshit because Android can scale pretty well since every app(that includes core system apps) come with layouts for almost any screen dimension.
>>
>>54819729
I'm sure a replaceable CPU is perfectly feasible for a mobile device that uses a SoC
>>
File: 48962963.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
48962963.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>54819784
But how can you do that when she has an iPhone, anon?
>>
I understand why CPU and GPU isnt replaceable
But non replaceable RAM is retarded
>>
>>54819729
Who cares as long as you can upgrade homer and the tape player parts
>>
File: Memoryexpansionpak_box.jpg (49 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
Memoryexpansionpak_box.jpg
49 KB, 500x342
>>54823483
Not enough bandwidth senpai, it'll be even worse than the N64 where adding the expansion pak to double RAM would cut speeds in half
>>
>>54823483
>I understand why CPU and GPU isnt replaceable
Why? They only need a connection for the touch panel, screen and the few other parts.
>>
>>54823561
yeah man, just tape it together
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.