[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you tried the "butterfly" keyboard on the new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Screenshot_2016-05-30_17-42-03.png (707 KB, 1255x660) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-30_17-42-03.png
707 KB, 1255x660
Have you tried the "butterfly" keyboard on the new apple laptop? Are they any good? How do they compare to your regular laptop keyboard?
>>
>>54819041
I can't tell how good it is because the key travel is nonexistent.
>>
>>54819077
Really? You mean the keyboard is actually a fucking touchscreen??
>>
>>54819094
Very nearly feels like tapping a touchscreen, imo.
>>
File: IBM_ThinkPad_701_Butterfly_05.jpg (737 KB, 1344x1024) Image search: [Google]
IBM_ThinkPad_701_Butterfly_05.jpg
737 KB, 1344x1024
there is only one butterfly keyboard
>>
>>54819041
I bought the Macbook for myself when it was on sale at Best Buy for $999. I decided to get it over the Air and the Pro because it was thin AND it had a retina display. I'm a liberal arts major (lmao, I know.) and I write a shit ton of essays and I wrote all of those essays on the butterfly keyboard last semester.

It takes some getting use to, but I've found myself really liking it. With my home computer I type on a mechanical keyboard with Cherry-clear switches which is extremely different that the butterfly keyboard, but I got used to going back and forth between the two without missing keys.

Moreover, I don't recommend it simply based on the fact that you need an adapter for every single thing that you want to do on it. I didn't realize how much I used a USB drive until I got this thing and I've missed the hell out of it and I hate having to use Google Drive or iCloud to transfer files back and forther (which does work - even for movies - but is a huge hassle if your internet is shit.

If you're on the fence, but it, use it for a week and if you don't like it, take it back. Apple's really good about that sort of thing and it's a no questions asked situation.

>>54819094
>>54819104
It feels like a touchscreen at first, but it feels a lot better after using it for a couple of hours.
>>
>>54819041
why would you try to make laptop keyboards, which are already shit for tactile feedback, even more shit?
>>
>>54819041
Ugh, gross! As a long-term GNU/Linux user (I run Arch, with a minimalist tiling window manager, so I know what I'm talking about), this sort of thing disgusts me. Apple claims to care about "luser experience", but they made a keyboard with almost NO key travel! As a longtime lurker of the mechanical keyboard threads, let me put it simply: it's shit. It's not a real keyboard unless it's got a lot of key travel, and you're not a real man unless your fingers can penetrate knuckle-deep into the slot and you hear that satisfying click of a buckled spring giving away beneath.
>>
>>54819282
Use network storage.
>>
>>54819041
It's awful. You get a very very slight feedback, so it gets frustrating to type in over time.
>>
File: image-2.webm (926 KB, 760x378) Image search: [Google]
image-2.webm
926 KB, 760x378
It's revolutionary
>Thinnest keyboard on the market
>40% greater surface area on each key
>keys are stabilized for more accurate typing
>backlit
>Apple's award winning layout and design
>butterfly mechanism
This changes everything.
>>
>>54820599
It doesn't really change anything.
>>
They're alright. A bit less travel than I'm used to on a laptop.
>>
File: apple.webm (160 KB, 640x318) Image search: [Google]
apple.webm
160 KB, 640x318
>>54820620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hajnEpCq5SE
The keyboard is state of the art. Educate yourself.
>>
File: 1404854759732.jpg (142 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1404854759732.jpg
142 KB, 400x400
>>54820599
>>
>>54819041
Feels crappy.
It is not satisfying for me since it doesn't sink in a little.
Just rewards you with a "click".
>>
File: i am not pleased.png (59 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
i am not pleased.png
59 KB, 499x499
>>54820645

>indoctrinate yourself
>>
>>54820599
hi miles
>>
>>54819041
>dem atrocious hands
Are you a gargoyle bruh?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.