[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people build big, bulky desktops that make a lot of noise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1462423733401.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462423733401.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Why do people build big, bulky desktops that make a lot of noise have flashy colours and lights and are overall distracting as hell ? I want a pc that isn't even visible, not noticeable. Something that gives the "i press this button on the monitor and it just werks" kind of vibe. Does /g/ have anything similar? A pc that is built inside a wall or desk or something?
>>
I know just the place for you
Google.com
>>
>>54819250
No thanks. Cloud is not a solution. I need local raw processing power. Them lolis ain't rendering themselves.
>>
>>54818967
iMac
>>
>>54818967
buy a laptop you autist
>>
Man, this gay "i want a HIDN COMPOOTR" thread template is never gonna go away now, is it?
>>
>>54818967
That is the most beautiful reptile I've ever seen. Species?
>>
>>54819678
it's not real
>>
>>54819678
Angry Puffed Up Snake
>>
Just get a nice case OP

Not all cases have windows and LED lights all over, pic related
>>
Yeah, it's easy. Just don't buy parts with lights in them.

If parts that you want only come with lights in, replace the lit componant - 99% of the time that means change out the fans.

Hells I'm easily classed as a gaymer and hate all the light-up shit. Since I've had my case since before the light meme and am comfy with a soldering iron my case is nice and dark except for simple power and hdd leds.
>>
>>54818967
>built inside a wall or desk or something?

I know a guy who had a blade server in his ceiling.
But it was everything but stealthy: sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

Personally use a very big case, with very quiet slow moving fans and low rpm hard drives.
>>
>>54819678
Atheris hispida, but its colours might be photoshopped.
>>
>>54819646
Its for plebs. Basically the virgin of the computer world
>>
File: atheris-hispida.jpg (659 KB, 1280x775) Image search: [Google]
atheris-hispida.jpg
659 KB, 1280x775
>>54820237
original pic
>>
>>54818967
its called an apple macintosh
>>
>>54818967
I have a thinkpad in a dock on a smaller table under my table.
>>
( I'll tell you a secret, you can just get a laptop, but don't tell all the artists here because their autism won't have it)
>>
>>54818967
> A pc that is built inside a wall
Why not. Set it up, use a foam rubber and a drywall to make it silent and invisible.
>>
>>54818967
>>54818967
>Why do people build big, bulky desktops that make a lot of noise have flashy colours and lights and are overall distracting as hell?

Because some people wish to remain virgins.
>>
>>54818967
basic : don't buy case with that stuff

moderate : get nice expensive case or better yet build it yourself

best : remodel house to fit around computer, preferably put in different room

perfection : build new house as computer [don't need a heater in the house]

>>54820679
just make sure it can stay cool, seen too many people box in their stuff to be quiet and look nice only to find it overheating constantly.
>>
>>54820563
A laptop is not a workstation
>>
File: best of both.png (149 KB, 468x330) Image search: [Google]
best of both.png
149 KB, 468x330
>>54821136
Then what is this?
>>
>>54818967
I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE'S TASTES ARE SUBJECTIVE
>>
>>54821187
A niggerstation.
>>
>>54821187
How is it a laptop if it's not portable?
>>
>Why do people build big, bulky desktops that make a lot of noise have flashy colours and lights and are overall distracting as hell ?
It's almost as if opinions are a thing. Out of the billions of people on the planet some may actually prefer different things.

Weird isn't it?
>>
>>54821187
>what is this?
Definitely not a laptop.
>>
>>54821308
It is clearly portable, just not on your lap. You're right for the wrong reason and, being us on 4chan, I will have to question your manliness for that mistake.

faggot
>>
>>54821308
It is classified as a potable computer, specifically a portable workstation because it is potable and has the full spec of a high end workstation, with many standard parts not less.

In fact this particular unit beats some as it supports 1 TB of RAM, which is more than most stationery desktop workstations.

You just can't see the handle from that picture, but is not hard to carry around as it weighs a mere 57lb.
>>
>>54818967
Some people buy flashy muscle cars, others buy cheap and tiny urban vehicles.
When I first built my first computer, it gave me a sense of parenthood and pride. I can see why other people might be tempted by this feeling to make their computer as shiny and as flashy as possible. Some might want to impress their peers.
I'm not one of them. My computer has about the cheapest case I could find, and only in a recent upgrade its components started beaming, much to my displeasure. Shit's lighting up my room when I try to sleep.
>>
File: 1447167931477.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447167931477.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>54820502
Not this?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.