[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you? I am thinking about to purchase, but I'm also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: [email protected] (434 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
IntelliJIDEA_20161_blog@2x.png
434 KB, 1200x800
Would you?
I am thinking about to purchase, but I'm also poorfag, so I cannot decide for myself if I'm actually willing to spend 150$ on it.
Stop/encourage me, /g/.
>>
>>54815909
Why would you ever use that
>>
>>54815909
i need some gud tutorials for this, have to learn for work
>>
>>54815909
the fuck would you spend money on it if you dont make money with it? just pirate it you retard and if you get hired somewhere pay for a licence.
>>
>>54815909
Do you actually need the commercial version? What features does the free community edition lack that you desperately need?
>>
You should buy yourself and your neighborhood loo's with that money instead
>>
>>54815930
It just werks. Google the things you need or read tips of the day or jetbrains blog for little cool things you never thought about.
>>54815923
I use community version for several years and like it.
>>54815939
I feel bad about pirating software after gaben injected loyalty implant into me. I didn't use steam for a long time, but this shit still affects me.
>>54815949
Auto-completion for some languages. Community version also has very limited support for CSS and no support for JS at all, let alone its hipster variations.
>>
>>54815997
>CSS and JS
I don't think IntelliJ IDEA is supposed to be for web technologies. They have PhpStorm or WebStorm for that.

If you switch languages a lot, maybe a fully customizable editor like emacs would be better for you.

On the off chance that you're a student, you can get a renewable 1-year-license for all JetBrains products on their website.
>>
>>54816022
Jetbrains products are top tier for webdev. Be it intellij java with spring, pycharm python and django, webstorm, etc
>>
Are you a student? It's free for students you know
>>
>>54816022
>PhpStorm or WebStorm
They don't have free version. IDEA includes most of their functionality anyway as far as I know.

I don't switch languages too often. Like, java and python are supported almost fully anyway, it's template languages and shit that is only in ultimate version.

It's free for students in decent universities. Mine never cared about this stuff, so I cannot prove I am student by their requirements.
>>
Just look at these scared kucked imbeciles.

Using pirate version like a true alpha.
>paying
>2016
kucks
>>
Community version anyone?
It's also free if you're working on open source software with it.
>>
Student gets free pro for a year, all you need is .edu email
>>
>>54815909
just get it free if you're a student or on someone's name who is
>>
File: 1399820415107.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1399820415107.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>54815909
>not being a student
>not getting tons of free software

stay pleb, OP
>>
>>54815909
I got it and tons of other JetBrains software for free using my ISIC card, senpai.
>>
>>54815997
I've seen huge yt tutorial playlists for this, I thought it's complicated as fuck. Idk what parts do I need to know for work.
>>
>>54817342
>Paying tens of thousands of dollars for tuition
>calling software that the university buys for you free

You americans are dumb as shit
>>
>>54817533
different anon here, universities are free in Europe ;)
>>
>>54817533
>americans
try again, my darling
>>
IF you need the Java EE crap of the commercial version for work go for it
>>
>>54817581
>free
just wait till your first pay slip comes in. Those tax brackets ain't free bruv.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.