[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The man behind Phonebloks says Google’s Project Ara is headed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: googles_project_araa.jpg (256 KB, 1020x675) Image search: [Google]
googles_project_araa.jpg
256 KB, 1020x675
Are they gonna fuck it up, /g/?

www.androidauthority.com/phonebloks-creator-doubts-google-ara-695346/
>>
>>54815381
That project is already fucked. Can't even replace CPU, screen or anything relevant.
>>
>>54815381
kek
Already dinged up in the pictures. GG
>>
Its like paying for phone DLC or something.
>>
>>54815396
You can't expect that kinda shit, it'll take years before we have anywhere near the same hardware control as we do with desktops. The concept isn't bad but knowing Google, they'll probably ruin & botnet the fuck out of it.
>>
Kek
/thread
>>
>>54815410
Lots of goods follow this pattern, think about buying a car where you get your basic shit and if you want you pay more for optionals
>>
The Phonebloks guy can suck my dick, I don't give a shit about what he thinks. He's just some faggot artist.
>>
>>54815459
They implicate playing minecraft with phone components as such an industry changer

L O L

O

L
>>
The main reason I was excited for Ara was that it'd greatly lower the hurdle for blob-free core phone components to enter our phones. Assuming third parties can make their own frames, it is now somewhat lowered but not anywhere near enough to let us expect anything within the next five years.

I understand why they've switched it up, but I am disillusioned and sad. It's still in the right direction, albeit on the wrong path.
>>
>>54815483
Why you heff to be med
>>
You may upgrade your 1.3MP Google™ EzCaml for only $100.. You'll also need to purchase our latest. EzCamLensExtension™ to fully experience Ara™.
>>
File: 1464570928988.png (89 KB, 353x332) Image search: [Google]
1464570928988.png
89 KB, 353x332
>>54815396
So what CAN you replace? I know of additional batteries but is that really it?
>>
>>54815381
He didn't create anything, he had a stupid idea and for some god awful fucking reason people tried to roll with it Google threw money at it.

What you will end up is replaceable backs with larger batteries and added functionality like buttons or wireless.

Oh wait we already have that.
>>
Shit, I always wanted a MILFphone that says ara ara when I turn it on.
>>
>>54815381
>Are they gonna fuck it up
Nah, relax. Nothing can fuck up a retarded idea of a fucking lego-phone.
>>
>>54817913
I would constantly be rebooting my phone
>>
hoe many module battery do he containors?
>>
>>54818044
uh... what?
>>
>>54818055
hoe many modules battery do phone contain at time?
>>
>>54817804
This. If modular laptops aren't even popular, there's no way in hell a modular smartphone will be any better.
>>
The point with ara was a phone for /g/s.

But they limited it hard and made it for normies instead so they can buy the latest camera module to post selfies with their nigger sticks or annoy people with the latest speaker module in public transport.
>>
File: iB7tGDD.png (106 KB, 915x863) Image search: [Google]
iB7tGDD.png
106 KB, 915x863
Comments section summarized it pretty well. Guy should be glad that he even got funding for a project that would have never worked in the first place.
>>
>>54818378
Pretty much.
>>
Let this meme go the way of VR already.

>>>/trash/
>>
>>54815381
Fairphone 2 has replaceable screen cpu battery (and all the other parts) modules and doesn't have retarded blocks which will probably result in latency and modules falling out if dropped, this concept is fucking stupid.
>>
>>54815396
This. What even is the point if you can only upgrade the battery and storage? Woop woop, we've made phones that are literally the same as the ones you've had all along, except you'll think they're innovative because we're marketing them like legos.
>>
>>54815491
It could be but sadly this not gonna happen
>>
>>54818378
>it was never feasible as a mass market product
Only things they changed were the ability to swap the SoC and anything on the front of the phone, and regular people most certainly did care about swapping the screen.

>m-muh bus speed
Exactly how much shit on a phone needs more than PCI-E x2? Considering the GPU and other components that need high bandwidth are integrated into the SoC.

>same goes with memory and processors
Except phones use SoCs so the ARA wouldn't have to provide buses designed to be future proof for high bandwidth uses.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.