[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monitors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Spurdo Spärde says....png (11 KB, 125x255) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo Spärde says....png
11 KB, 125x255
Whats /g/'s monitor brand?
Whats the best monitor, as in the best bang for your buck?
Not talking about overkill 4K shit, just every day use
Which is the best type? LED? LCD? CRT?
>>
>>54815346
Is this the snake oil general?
>>
dell
>>
I was gonna get a qnix which is 1440p and has a Samsung panel but I still haven't gotten it yet
>>
>>54815346
Been using the SyncMaster series for well over a decade now, several CRTs, two LCDs and now an LED.

My last LCD (the one before the LED) died after several years of service. It was the only display that ever died on me. Don't see a reason to stop buying Samsung monitors.
>>
I have a shitty Hanns-G monitor
>>
>>54815346
Dell makes good shit but yet again the hardware market is way too varied to make broad generalizations of a specific brand, especially across multiple price points. You are best to look at monitor reviews where the people reviewing actually have a lab and equipment to test the gear and publish results. TFT Central is excellent, Hardware.info(partly Dutch, some English translated reviews) are great.

>Which is the best type?
Depends on your budget and usage.
>LED?
Not a panel type when used in monitor brandings, it's a LED backlight.
>LCD?
Practically all of the computer monitors on the market are LCDs of various types(TN, IPS/PLS/AHVA or VA)
>>
I've been using
>LG Flatron L1918S-BN LCD
for god knows how many years and a year ago a friend of mine got me
>Philips 109S FST 92kHz 1600x1200 CRT
from his company that I use as my 2nd monitor nowadays

I'm planning on buying a 3rd monitor or getting one of those wide screen ones to be my main soon
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (577 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
577 KB, 2560x1440
>>54815346
ASUS Master Race
>>
>>54815796
IPS is the best in terms of image quality? TN is for those 144hz gaymers because anything over 60hz on ips is a fucking of money?
>>
>>54815873
IPS and VA are both(potentially) good at image quality in their own ways. Both have excellent viewing angles which is something TN panels lack. IPS monitors generally excel at color accuracy and depth whereas VA panels have the best contrast(lowest black levels). TN is generally good for gaming because of the natively very low pixel response time unlike on IPS and especially VA-panels. However there are IPS panels with extremely low latency and high refresh rates, too(they cost quite a bit). If you aren't bothered with extremely low latencies and/or high refresh rates, get an IPS-type panel or a VA-panel monitor. I haven't researched for "bang for the buck" one myself so I don't have specific model to recommend here.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.