[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thermal Throttling with the 1080
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: LUOWehvo_400x400.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
LUOWehvo_400x400.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXUo1S55ZUM
>>
>>54814398
I don't get why they would prioritize throttling over turning up the fan. It never got above 70% until he set it manually and when he did it made a real difference.
>>
Haha, Nvidicucks have been on suicide watch ever since the 1080 got released. AMD wins yet again.
>>
>>54814574
I'm pretty hyped and want one desu fampai
but I'm not switching from a 980, much older model
so
>>
>>54814398
so why not just let the fan scale up to 100%?
the card would probably never hit 80° if the fan was running like it's supposed to
>>
I've only ever had Nvidia cards but I found out so many disgusting things about that company that I will switch teams over to AMD.
Their shady business practices are beyond despicable and the only excuse for still going for Nvidia cards is ignorance of that fact.
They collude with developers to sabotage AMD cards so that a 300 dollar AMD card performs worse than a 250 dollar Nvidia card with unseen and unnecessary tesselation all over the place just to slow down AMD cards.
Or the lying about specs and features of coming cards. Or the deliberate gimping of their older cards with new drivers so people buy their newer ones.

Fuck Nvidia. I never bought an AMD card but Polaris will be my first. Fuck Nvidia. Never again. I hope AMD conquers back a sizable portion of the market. 80/20 for Nvidia is a borderline monopoly position and stronger competition is always good for the end consumer.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.