[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /g/ I was hoping I could come to you for help. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5
File: tmp_13665-images(34)-940072918.jpg (9 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13665-images(34)-940072918.jpg
9 KB, 271x186
Dear /g/ I was hoping I could come to you for help. I've troubleshooted some stuff to make this easer

My desktop won't turn on at all. I've tested three different psu's it's not that. They all work in a diff machine. I've thought it may be the front panel button so I tried to short the pin with a screw driver to power up and nothing still.

The green LED on the mobo is on when I plug it in and switch psu on. Am I fucked? Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can take? Would a faulty CPU do this? Or just the mobos shot?

Its an older asus m2n-sli deluxe I've kept it clean and it's been awesome for the years I've had it. Burned through 3 cards on this beast. I really want to salvage this mofo and use as a second pc when I build my new rig in a couple weeks after I save a couple paychecks.
>>
File: 1464149099868.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1464149099868.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>54812757
Bump

>he says my ancestors are smiling upon me
>>
File: images(28).jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images(28).jpg
9 KB, 275x183
Anyone have this problem booting up before?

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated I'm at wits end
>>
>burned through 3 cards
>been awesome for years.
>it's not working at all

welp OP I may not be the most intelligent person but I think it's safe to say that you're a fucking retard and you shouldn't be asking for help
>>
>>54812798
Well it wasn't the mobo the burned the cards. It's just that Nvidia is a piece of shit and make shit cards that fail.

Ive had two other asus mobos that still work after almost 15 years it's hard to believe it's the mobo that's failed and yes I am pretty retarded when it comes to hardware. I was a software major and never got into putting pls together n shit. It's just annoying.

Any advice on troubleshooting this other than telling me I'm dumb? Trying to find out the culprit making the pc not boot
>>
File: 1461236510929.webm (652 KB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
1461236510929.webm
652 KB, 270x360
Last bump hoping for a suggestion on what to try next or is this definitely just a dead mobo?

Also I forgot to add it was working fine the night before it happened. Was playing icewknd dale one night. Left and came back the following morning and it just wouldn't turn on.
>>
File: 1461151863798.jpg (266 KB, 897x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461151863798.jpg
266 KB, 897x1200
Meh
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.