[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I browse /g/ rarely, dont know how to build shit but I have been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: AA.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
AA.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
I browse /g/ rarely, dont know how to build shit but I have been looking at the Alienware Alpha i7, Here are its Specs:
>Intel® Core™ i7-4785T Processor Quad-Core (8MB Cache, up to 3.20 GHz)
>Windows 10 64 Bit OS
>Video Card - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX GPU 2GB GDDR5
>Memory - 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
>Hard Drive - 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s
>Driver - Intel Wireless AC 7265 Driver, DAO

Don't know shit about building CPUs and from what I've seen this thing can play skyrim on ultra with no problem.
Advice? Any better prebuilt options out there?
>>
>>54811613
generally the bigass towers are the better bet, it seems a lot was sacrificed to fit a "gaming" PC into such a small box
>>
OP NO
STOP

Just use google and build a pc from scratch
>>
>>54811628
listen to this nigger- just build your own and sacrifice the look and cute case for decent components
>>
>>54811613
If you can follow instructions you can build a PC. Buy the same parts you would get in the Alienware computer and put them together yourself.
>>
>>54811613
CPU sucks
GPU probably sucks

I wouldn't buy that PC. Skyrim is a last gen game. Anything modern can run it
>>
>>54811613
if you absolutely refuse to build a PC, this is a decent deal for the price
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/4826600.p?id=bb4826600&skuId=4826600
>>
>>54811613
>$700
>to play skyrim on ultra

Literally any of these pleb gaymer boxes will stomp the crap out of that stupid little alienware machine.

And you could go even further if you use your brain for a few seconds. You could get triple or quadruple the performance for the same price.
>>
>>54811613
I bought one and it's pretty great, desu. Just install windows 10 on it and have fun playing vidya, op.
>>
>>54811706
ebay link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAMING-PC-AMD-FX-8320E-3-2GHZ-NVIDIA-GTX-970-1TB-8GB-DDR3-1866-SUPER-FAST-/182150135779?hash=item2a68fe7fe3:g:324AAOSw6btXSP9e

among others on the site
>>
File: 51xzInLwovL._SY355_[1].jpg (21 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51xzInLwovL._SY355_[1].jpg
21 KB, 355x355
This is what I always recommend to people instead of buying some "gaming" prebuilt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Z600-2x-2-93GHz-Quad-Core-X5570-12GB-RAM-No-HD-No-OS-/172149798390?hash=item2814ed75f6:g:57kAAOSwJQdW~L4H

This is a used workstation. It has two CPUs which are each quad-core units with hyperthreading for a total of 8 true cores (16 threads) or . These X5570s are a bit old, but trust me they are still -very- powerful and will play any game you can throw at it. They can turbo up to 3.33ghz and the BIOS on this HP machine allows you to run all cores at the turbo speed all the time.

This particular machine has 12gb of DDR3 memory which is all you'll need for a good while.

No GPU or hard drive is included, but the installation of these two things is so braind dead I hope anyone capable of making a post on this board is also capable of putting these two things in a computer.

Do you see that button for the "2 year square trade warranty"? Use it if you worry about such things. Even paying for a warranty you'll still come in far under the mark for price vs any gaming prebuilt, and your machine will be much more powerful.

That alienware sells for $800 new. With the warranty that HP z600 will be about $350. That leaves $450 to spend on GPU and HDD. I recommend a manufacturer refurbished GTX 980 like this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-MSI-GTX-980-4GD5-OCV1-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-4GB-256-bits-G-SYNC-/272247500946?hash=item3f63373092:g:WFAAAOSw~bFWQ4gW

There's a 180 day warranty. If you don't have a problem in that length of time you probably won't have a problem at all. If you insist on buying new then you can go down to the GTX 970 (or an AMD card but watch the TDP ratings).

Fifty bucks left over for a hard drive. Just get a 1tb hard drive from Western Digital or Hitachi. Don't worry about an SSD for now, it's not necessary and can come later.

Operating system? Windows 10 is free.
>>
>>54811920
is this a meme?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.