[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bug report.cgi?bug=825394 Th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Lennart_poettering_foss.in_2007.jpg (3 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
Lennart_poettering_foss.in_2007.jpg
3 MB, 3456x2304
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=825394
Those are some nice processes you have running there, it would be a shame if something happened to them.
>>
>>54811266
this is just the start
systemd was made to be buggy by design
it's relatively huge in terms of codebase and functionality and choose to absorb more and more elements of the OS
>>
>>54812107
GNU plus systemd when
>>
>>54811266
I'll give Poettering this much credit.

He's convinced me to install gentoo.
>>
>>54811266
I migrated my server from arch to gentoo, it was painful as I had to do it remotely but I'm glad to have done so now that I see the systemd cancer spreading more and more.
>>
>>54811266
Now the systemd crew say that tmux should add systemd specific code to fix this.
>>
>>54812493
keke
Can't wait till they tell Torevalds the same thing
>>
File: 4L_NzXrKUrO.png (197 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
4L_NzXrKUrO.png
197 KB, 450x338
>>54811266
>tfw no nsa/systemd cancer on my gentoo rig
>>
>top right corner
>testing, unstable

well there you go
>>
This suggests the change was made to fix the way GNOME didn't kill some processes after logout.
https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/428#issuecomment-222330478
>>
>>54812731
If this is a bug and not intentional, why are there people defending the change?
>>
>>54812827
because it's fucking testing/unstable
>>
>>54812843
So it is intentional and is the way they're going with systemd. Thanks for contributing.
>>
>>54812851
it's a bug. you're a retard.
>>
>>54812674
They did already. He told them to fuck off. Then they put out a smear piece about him being a toxic misogynist.

>inb4 citation needed
>>
>>54812493
l just started to like tmux
>>
>>54812860
Lennart pls go
>>
>>54811266
>tfw poettering'd them again
>>
>>54812241
It's SYSTEMD plus gnu.
>>
>>54812746
At this point I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. This is hilariously retarded.
>>
You can turn it off at compile time. You can turn it off in logind.conf. You can turn it off for certain users in systemctl.

I don't see what the big deal is about. If you're afraid to edit configuration files, then you've chosen the wrong operating system.
>>
>>54812860
it's intentional. You're a retard.
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/3005

The entire point of the pull request was to make this change.
>>
>>54815197
The problem is that they made this the default behavior for the overwhelming majority of linux systems, while the overwhelming majority of linux systems are servers. And they did this without telling anyone or giving anyone a heads up.
>>
>>54815294
>And they did this without telling anyone or giving anyone a heads up.
Because
>the overwhelming majority of linux systems
update fucking nightly, right?
>>
>>54815435
>not running a Debian experimental live server for important company data
it's like you love getting paid for your job you fucking drone
>>
>>54815435
Oh, right then it's totally okay to make any changes you want to the nightlies because there's no way it'll still be around in a year or two when it goes stable.

If you don't kick it in the butt now then it won't ever change, and in a year or two this will end up on servers.
>>
>>54815467
>Oh, right then it's totally okay to make any changes you want to the nightlies because there's no way it'll still be around in a year or two when it goes stable.
That's EXACTLY where you make the fucking changes you want so that people (aka, developers) can test the fucking new features/behaviour.

For fucks fucking sake.
>>
>>54815494
That's not what I meant you tard, just because it's experimental doesn't mean you can go full retard and add an unskippable 10 hour rickroll on every boot. "Experimental" doesn't mean "retarded". "Experimental" means "experimental". It means one day these features could be stable. And this does not belong in any stable release of systemd.
>>
File: OOMLI.gif (1 MB, 478x218) Image search: [Google]
OOMLI.gif
1 MB, 478x218
>>54811266
>tfw no systemd on my libre server
you ain't fucking over my tasks, nazi scum.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.