[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2 years ago >Minecraft creator Markus Persson isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
>2 years ago
>Minecraft creator Markus Persson isn't sure Facebook is good news for Oculus Rift gaming

Yeah, he fucking called it.
>>
>>54811166
*tips pickaxe*
>>
>>54811166
Everyone called it.
>>
>>54811166
Everyone outside of a Facebook shareholder meeting called it, you dumb shit.
>>
>>54811166
even facebook knew it was going to make it worse
>>
>>54811175
You might dislike the game he created, but you've got to admit, this guy is a fucking genius billionaire.
>>
>>54811203
I don't think he's a genius. I love Minecraft, but it's objectively kind of bad. It's poorly-designed in many ways and the programming is god-awful.

He had one good idea and a ton of luck. That doesn't make him a genius.
>>
>>54811245
Does it still need Java installed? I'm thinking about buying it for my wife's son, but I don't want to introduce a security risk to the computer.
>>
>>54811245
He literally invented the "get the game cheaper if you buy it early access" meta

Now every single game is early access
>>
>>54811288
the current version is split, one that requires external Java and one that doesn't
both use it still, but the .exe version is going to run without needing it separate.
>>
>>54811288
It does need Java installed, but that's not a security risk. Just disable Java in any browsers.

I can't think of any security risks to Minecraft. That's not the kind of bad programming I'm talking about. I'm talking about glitches, bad performance, and glacial development.
>>
>>54811312
Thats not a good thing
>>
>>54811166
who cares? the vive is the future of VR
>>
>>54811312
That wasn't an intentional decision, though. It happened because Minecraft started out as a hobby and he didn't realize there would be interest.

Nowadays early access is part of the business plan from day 1.
>>
>>54811288
It doesn't need Java anymore. Its packed in the application
>>
>>54811288
>my wife's son
This will never not be funny.
>>
>>54811377
>tfw I really do have a step son
>>
>>54811410
C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>54811410
>raising another man's son
>>
>>54811426
>using another man's OS
>>
>>54811442
Oh, here's Mr. "Big Shot", You think you're cool because you don't use windows. Well want to hear about what I use?

I'll have you know every program I use, from my os, to the drivers, to my internet browser, i program myself by typing 1s and 0s in my text editor (that I made) then just saving the file as .exe.

And the computer I have? Yeah I built that myself too. I don't mean I bought some shit off new egg and threw it together like you did, I made every component personally. I hand made my motherboard using spare coathangers as wireing, and welded them together (soldering is too mainstream.) I handmade all the resistors, capacitors, everything.

I don't even have a hard drive, i just personally memorize all the numbers of my data, and manually input them as numbers into my computer whenever I want to access it. The keyboard I use is actually just 2 buttons, for binary. I don't need the crutch of having more than 2 unique characters for input.

So think about that next time you feel special.
>>
>>54811442
>living in another being's reality
>>
>>54811166
Dude, everyone fucking called it. >>54811203
He stole the idea from infiniminer.
>>
>>54811442
>getting this butthurt
>>
Ocu-what?
Who even cares about that irrelevant trash now?
>>
>>54811488
>yfw 14/88
>>
File: 1404490564157.png (60 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1404490564157.png
60 KB, 300x300
>>54811488
>>54811579
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.