[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys- I have a problem with my laptop- it keeps saying that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1369362513682.jpg (357 KB, 1600x1434) Image search: [Google]
1369362513682.jpg
357 KB, 1600x1434
Hey guys-

I have a problem with my laptop- it keeps saying that it is "plugged in but not charging". I am running windows 10, as I just upgraded from windows 8 today, thinking that it might fix the problem (This happened a few days ago).

I have tried shutting down, restarting, taking the battery out, uninstalling and reinstalling the battery drivers, etc. Anyone else have this problem with a windows 10 laptop?

Thanks; also pic unrelated
>>
Maybe you should stop being a fucking windows pleb and upgrade your computer to arch linux. If you can't figure it out then you should just fuck off this board. I bet you tried something like n00buntu LMFAO

Also; Read the sticky. Not your tech support.
>>
Sorry, I didn't read the sticky as I do not come here much. Usually I can figure out tech problems by myself, but in this case I could not. I have tried linux before, and I'm not a fan. Also, what the fuck is n00buntu, and how can I try that if I didn't even mention it?
>>
You know what? Forget I said anything. Why do I even bother
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>54810157

Hey, this is a hardware issue. Either your power charger or your battery is broken.

Are you on a new Dell laptop by chance? Because I have seen this on about 15 new Dell laptops recently. It has been the battery for 90% of them.

>>54810194

What I read:
>"Hurr durr I am kewl because I was born in the 1990's and use Linux desktop because that is totally what people that work in Enterprise do, durr durr"
>>
>>54810393

Well, thank you for giving me an honest answer. It could be the battery I think; It runs just fine when it is plugged in, despite not charging at all. It is an HP Envy I got a few years ago
>>
>>54810435

yeah eventually it will get to the point where your battery will be 0% and then it will immediately power off when unplugged.

Is the DC-in port loose? aka, the port where you plug the charger? take a ball point pen and poke at it - does it move around a bunch or is it static?

I am unsure about on-board diagnostics for that system since I assume that is consumer-level so you might be out of luck narrowing it down easily
>>
>>54810479

It is currently at 3% power and it shuts off when unplugged; that i have tried also. Not sure about DC port, will have to shut computer off and check. Be back shortly.
>>
>>54810157
Yes is a great band, OP. Fantastic album

But yeah, most likely hardware, sad to say... I'm sure you can find a replacement battery no problem, though!
>>
>>54810479

DC-in port is pretty solid, doesn't move around at all unless I were to put a lot of force in.

>>54810610

Thanks!

And yeah replacement battery seems like the solution here.
>>
>>54810689
what make and model is your laptop? you can find a pdf file to show how to do the replacement or maybe even a video if it is a popular model
>>
>>54810727

HP Envy m6 notebook pc

found a pdf manual also
>>
>>54810954
It looks pretty easy to get into and replace the battery. You can also upgrade the ram pretty easily if you want to since it's right there, just make sure you disconnect the battery before pulling the memory out.

I would recommend getting a high capacity replacement since it will hold a larger charge than stock.

Here's a video of a guy disassembling it so you can see what it will be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTS6Z1BaZGw
>>
File: HP Envy M6.jpg (288 KB, 1831x1200) Image search: [Google]
HP Envy M6.jpg
288 KB, 1831x1200
>>54811165

Thanks for the tip, although the bottom of mine looks like this, so replacement will be even easier
>>
>>54810393
He's just morbidly obese. He cut off half the circulation to his brain wearing fedoras that were too small for his porcine dome. Just tell him to go be fat somewhere else.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.