[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
computer Frame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: RM4589SS2_vl2.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
RM4589SS2_vl2.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
Would making a computer in a mini fridge be a good way as a cooler or would it mess up the electronics?
>>
this idea has been discussed to death for years and years. just google it

tl;dr it's a bad idea
>>
File: 0S5spVm.jpg (83 KB, 566x393) Image search: [Google]
0S5spVm.jpg
83 KB, 566x393
>>54809501
what the actual fuck?
>>
>>54809501
linus did it and it was no good
>>
condensation would probably be an issue
>>
But, what about a deep freezer /g/? Mini fridge is no good obviously, but a deep freezer?
>>
>>54809544
try it and report back
>>
>>54809526
What if I put it in it something like mesh cage and get a box fan?
>>
>>54809523
how do you expect that to work if the ram isn't even connected properly?
>>
>>54809501
a refrigerator is not designed to handle a continuous source of high heat. Its like if you leave the refrigerator door open
>>
>>54809501
there's a reason fridges/freezers have a ton of insulation
the motors aren't made to run constantly, they will burn out very quickly trying to cool your gaymen rig
>>
>>54809568
G O O G L E I T F A G G O T
>>
>>54809568
why not save time and money and build a real computer
>>
>>54809501
It would mess up the compressor.
>>
There have literally been a thousand threads about this and this is probably just a bait spam thread, but it needs to be said for newfriends.

The fridge is actually very inefficient at removing heat for anything that is producing heat.

A mini fridge or even a freezer simply cannot get cold enough to efficiently cool an active source of heat such as a computer.
>>
File: Air_conditioning_unit-en.svg.png (691 KB, 2000x1672) Image search: [Google]
Air_conditioning_unit-en.svg.png
691 KB, 2000x1672
>>54809585
Not OP, but theoretically speaking what about designing a custom loop with the same principle? The evaporator tubing would run through the CPU and GPU, then you'd have the condenser tubing somewhere further away. You'd have to wrap the tubing on the evaporator side to deal with the condensation. It seems like it could work, but definitely not for long term use. It'd be interesting to do a proof of concept and run it for like an hour.
>>
>>54809555
Got a problem though, my deep freezer is packed with meat.
>>
>>54809701
try sticking some of it up your ass and report back
>>
>>54809674
Ordinary cooling solutions work perfectly fine, why must you make things so complicated?
>>
>>54809715
Instructions unclear, dick frozen to the deep freezer wall, send help.
>>
>>54809501
Fridge a shit, make a peltier cooler instead

Bonus points if you make it turn off before condensation fucks up your computer
>>
lol smiley face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8bhGw4vUFE
>>
>>54809760
Reddit pls go
>>
>>54809935
nah senpai I'm comfy here, with my frost bitten dick.
>>
>>54809674

people have tried sub room temperature cooling on loops for years, the primary issues are condensation but it does work

the real issue is that there's no gain, you're not going to get any extra stability on your overclock if you're already at room temperature but you have a massive pain in the ass loud refrigerator/condenser unit connected to your custom loop and have to deal with condensation issues inside the pc, it's just not worth it
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 350x270
http://totl.net/Eunuch/
>>
>>54809976
>if you're already at room temperature

and just to expand on this, if your primary reason for running refrigeration on your loop is better cooling there's an easier solution, it's called getting a bigger radiator, use a car radiator if you have one
>>
>>54809974
>>54809760
kys then
>>
>>54810201
>>54810201
So much anger anon, I think you should see a shrink. :^)
>>
>>54809760
Wew lad that cringe
>>
>>54810349
It hurts really really bad. :'^(
>>
LinusTechTips did this. It was inefficient and could not keep the temperature cool enough after a 500watt pus ran in there. even 200watt pus would not run right. Check it out on youtube
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWKG4F8ANu4
>>
>>54809760
wow you're one of those guys...
>>
File: DiuHGHD.jpg (713 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
DiuHGHD.jpg
713 KB, 1836x3264
>>54809993
>use a car radiator if you have one
There's some comedy gold found through googling this
>>
>>54809515
>Sticking hardware inside a condenser
Stop being a fedora-donning hipster, and just use heatsinks and fans.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.