[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never opened my laptop before to clean out the cpu an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: r590.jpg (46 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
r590.jpg
46 KB, 500x392
I have never opened my laptop before to clean out the cpu and fan and shit. I have had this for more than 5 years now. I have the Samsung r580-jbb2. It has been running shit and overheating for years now and I figured it was time to either clean it out or get a new one. I am nervous to clean it out though. The only video I have found of people doing it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQfaL10fxEg

Which they dont even speak english and it is the version earlier but it is basically the same. I could probably follow directions enough to succeed. Should I do it guys? Also do I need to get thermal paste and an air duster for this? I have neither of them.
>>
File: uhhh.png (16 KB, 428x486) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.png
16 KB, 428x486
>>54808142
here is a pic of the temps
>>
>>54808142
fyi this is not a tech help thread or anything, just a question about maintaining a laptop
>>
>>54808142
bump
>>
>>54808771
Bump
>>
>>54808337
your harddrive is far too hot.
buy a new laptop, or get your parents to do it for you.
>>
>>54808142
What's so fucking hard about using a dumb screwdriver and taking off the plastic case?
>>
>>54808990
Because more goes into it than that
>>
>>54809164
O...K...
>>
>>54808142
I used to have that laptop, my uncle gave it to me, but its been stolen by some niggers. Good luck fixing it OP, unless you are the nigger who stole it
>>
>>54809957
I opened it and nearly broke it because I couldnt get things off and broke my nails and my fingers are almost bleeding. This was a total fucking disaster
>>
Op here update, I fucking broke it. The mouse is fritzing everywhere and my left speaker is out
>>
>>54810717
I am so upset, how could I be so fucking stupid. The left speaker is out, and thats around the place where the 1 fucking wire latch wouldnt come out. The 4 wires connected to it almost popped out and they did a little and the blue one a bit more than the others. I bet that was the speaker.
>>
ugh
>>
fml
>>
>>54810781
If you can't even clean out a laptop without fucking it, you should probably go join a nice amish community.
>>
>>54811539
its an old school one and ive never done it before
>>
File: hmmmmm.jpg (174 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmm.jpg
174 KB, 2048x1536
Here is the exact spot believe the issue is in
>>
>find exhaust air vent
>stick vacuum over it
>suck out dust

OR

>blow compressed air through it til it stops shooting out dust
>>
>>54808936
no its not, that's the exact temp is should be running at
>>
>>54808337
My laptop goes even hotter on idle m8, stop being such a pussy
>>
Lol is that wire out OP?
>>
>>54808142
Just do it. It´s looks more scary than it actually is.

Be careful not to touch circuits, don´t rip things off, take time to just sit and look at it and figure out how everything is connected before you try to do anything, and do it in a clean room with no pets or children around. Or other people in general.

You can also draw or write a brief description of what you do. It´ll help you if some part is more complicated or, at least, it´ll help you put the screws back where they belong.

And if you unscrew something that has several screws, do NOT take them out one by one. Unscrew one a little, then another, then another, then repeat. Little by little. Same for screwing it back in.

The first time you do it you´ll be scared as fuck and seeing the computer start up after you rebuild it will be the most relieved you´ll ever be. The second time you do it it´s almost routine.
>>
>>54808142
In what world is 37C - 54C overheating? Leave your laptop alone.

>>54810781
You're an idiot. I really hope this is a troll thread.
>>
>>54808337
>this is normal
/thread
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.