[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is gnome 3 good? How do you customize it? is it easy to change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
Is gnome 3 good? How do you customize it? is it easy to change themes and icons?
>>
>>54807042
>Is gnome 3 good?
No.
>How do you customize it?
Download themes and "extensions" from their website.Many of them break stuff.
>is it easy to change themes and icons?
Yes, but not easy to change anything else.
>>
>>54807042
>Is gnome 3 good?
No, you can't even change the mouse scroll speed settings.
What a heap of shit.

> How do you customize it?
apt-get install plasma-desktop

>is it easy to change themes and icons?
Yes, look of KDE-Look after performing the above action.
>>
Install GNU+Gentoo
>>
>>54807042
It's a DE designed for a "linux tablet revolution" which never materialized. The new devs are completely retarded.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>54807436
M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N
>>
>>54807436
Yeah the mouse settings are absolutely retard. Or rather the single 'setting'

I had to get a chrome extension to fix the scrolling

The forced mouse accel is absolutely stupid feeling. Feels like i'm holding a wet bar of soap for fuck sakes.
>>
File: Learn the difference.png (968 KB, 1277x1281) Image search: [Google]
Learn the difference.png
968 KB, 1277x1281
>>54807042
>>
>>54807951
Which KDE?
>>
It's great, actually. It's easy to customize and easy to change icon themes and themes, you can customize it with shell extensions, too.
>>
I like it because I know it's supported and backed by industry, dont have to muck about in config files, great default applications and just works outta the box. I know KDE is sort of qualities as well but i feel that it is meme tier.
>>
>>54808297
Looks like trash, if I want OSX then I just boot my hackintosh
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.