[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ssd problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Im trying to install windows 7 onto a sandisk ultra ii ssd but i keep getting bsod after bsod. This first happened after i installed some drivers from my mobo manual. So i used parted magic, deleted the partitions and started over. I got one bsod in mid installation. Now i get them randomly while windows is running. What the fuck is going on?

My specs are sandisk ultra ii 120gb, asus h170 pro mobo, intel i7 processor (not sure if that would matter)

Pic related. Also, i am posting on a mobile (dont ask) and am terrible with touch screens so my replies may take a while.
>>
>>54804331
Install gentoo
>>
Also i was getting this after i installed intel rapid storage from a cd that came with my mobo.

Initially i tried reinstalling windows 7 with the recovery partition, but during that i kept getting bsods and reboots. I then decided fuck it and ran parted magic and deleted everything. Even after starting over with no drivers installed, i still keep getting bsods.
>>
Use the disk or USB to repair windows.
>>
>>54804403
Sure i will try that. I just wish i knew what the problem is so i would stop encountering it. Im debating on just sending the ssd back as an rma.
>>
>>54804479
Also, Google your error code. The "0x0000001E"
>>
File: 1458311112991-g.jpg (52 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1458311112991-g.jpg
52 KB, 460x460
>>54804331
what are you installing the OS from? USB or CD? If USB, what kind of USB? What type of USB port are you plugged into during installation?

I had problems just like those when I made a Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 stick my boot drive for Windows. Windows 7 doesn't have USB 3.0 drivers supported out of the box so it won't properly install if you're using a USB 3.0 port. Even if you manually install the USB 3.0 driver, forcing it to install won't work right either.

And lastly, "TRUE" USB 3.0 sticks won't work as boot drives either. My Sandisk one's firmware was not supported by the Windows ISO and I would have problem after problem. I used a generic Kingston flash drive I had laying around and it worked first try.
>>
>>54804403
I just loaded the installation disk and i get this bullshit, despite it being the same damm disc that i installed it with. Im angry.

>>54804712
Im using an actual oem windows 7 installation cd
>>
>>54804396
After fresh installation use generic Microsoft driver first, let see if it stable. Install only gpu driver/acpi/audio if needed.
>>
>>54804785
This is somewhat humiating but i cant do that now, my internet cap for the month has been hit. All i have for driver resources at the moment are the cds that came with my components.
>>
File: installation wizard.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
installation wizard.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>54804331
Something happened
>>
>>54806050
Why do things have to happen? Im close to calling quits on the ssd dream and just using a 1 tb hard drive.
>>
>>54806161
You have angered $deity and are being punished.
>>
Replacing the sata cable will sometimes help
>>
Same happened to me, you need to change the bios mode for sata to something that isn't ahci or edit windows registry to accept ahci
>>
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>54805109
Hope you have an Ubuntu install disk or something handy.
>>
>>54806280
I looked into changing the reigstry. First it immediatly bsoded on me, so i rebooted in safe mode. I then went into the registry and ahci mode is already enabled....
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.