[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Years ago i've dropped out of a college CS course
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: JA1y4DR.png (277 KB, 3000x2584) Image search: [Google]
JA1y4DR.png
277 KB, 3000x2584
We had a course called Intro To Programming I. It was about C where we should have been able to make things like text based games and calculators by about week 6.
I was about 18-19 at that time and after about 3-4 weeks the courses completely crushed my ego and i started partying and stuff after i realized that i am not the "genius" i thought i was so i started to build a party guy persona instead of the smart guy. Fast forward about 6 years i started working with microcontrollers and all that frightening and hard stuff which crushed my ego back then seemed logical and obvious.
Is it possible that i became smarter at age 26 than what i was at age 19 or it is something to do with work ethics and similarskill that i had to improve on during the years?
>>
>>54802278
You grew up. End of story.
>>
You grew up anon, it's a common problem with high school kids who jump right away to uni, they get instantly crushed becase they were living on a bubble.
>>
Similar happened to me.
Was supposed to make a calculator at age 14 and that made me give up on programming.
Recently picked it back up and now it wouldn't be much of a problem.
>>
>>54802487
Also, I'm 20 now
>>
>>54802474
>>54802487
But there were some people who did not get crushed even at age 19.
Are they much superior compared to me?
>>
>>54802278
theres a theory going around that as the life expectancy of humans has gone up so have their life phases.
puberty now lasts way longer.
typically you are still in your puberty in your early to mid 20s. and it starts earlier too.
now millenials and generations after them might still feel like stupid little kids way into their 30s
>>
Sounds like me. I wasn't ready back in the day for uni. Dropped out and worked for a couple of years before going back, because I was ready for it. Now I'm finishing my degree, 30 now.
>>
>>54802278
Dude I couldn't fucking understand double pointers in C during first year of studies. Even pointers in general were a black magic despite lectures, laboratories and kinda dedicated teachers.
5 years have past, I'm working as a dev and whenever I can I use cpp for my side projects (not using at work thou).

Whenever I have to explain pointers to somebody I smile and see myself in the past.

The will to learn came itself somewhere in the middle/end of studies.
Seems normal to me.
>>
>>54803633

That sounds interesting, any links or videos for further reading/watching?
>>
>>54802278
>Is it possible that i became smarter at age 26 than what i was at age 19 or it is something to do with work ethics and similarskill that i had to improve on during the years?

Yes. It's not just work ethic, it's changes in your brain. A person's mind doesn't stop growing until his/her mid-twenties.
>>
File: retard.gif (13 KB, 414x456) Image search: [Google]
retard.gif
13 KB, 414x456
tbhq famalam making a calculator with shunting yard and a computer algebra system could be done by a fucking 15 year old
>>
File: 1434314513483.jpg (226 KB, 1024x1279) Image search: [Google]
1434314513483.jpg
226 KB, 1024x1279
>>54802922
Nah, just sounds like you had been set up with unreasonable expectations for yourself.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.