[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr, heat problems out the fucking ass on laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: FUCKING.jpg (84 KB, 765x525) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING.jpg
84 KB, 765x525
Aight bois. I know laptops inherently have shit heat problems, but this is fucking rediculous. HDD is literally 71c, and as you can see the APU is running at god damn 156f max. It's a shit tier AMD E2 vision budget ass computer I got from a cousin a while back, and it runs like ass. Is there ANYTHING I can do to make it run not as hot? I can't adjust fan speed at all, and lowering clock speed does fuck all.
>>
>>54798472
You can take it apart, clean it inside, repaste, possibly replace fan for new.
>>
>>54798491
See, the problem is i'm not sure if its one of those retarded computers that have the CPU built into the keyboard or whatever trickery they do. And I'm not entirely sure how to take apart one of those without breaking it.
>>
>>54798505
There is not much you can do then. Maybe only use it for shitposting and nothing performance heavy.

Also there are tutorials on how to disassemble most of laptops so unless you have scissors instead of arms you should be able to do it.
>>
>>54798505
just look up how to disassemble your or a similar model.
68C gpu temp also isn't that high.
>>
>>54798543
it's an APU friend. that's the temperature of the CPU aswell.
>>
>>54798472
You need to disassemble it and replace thermal paste & thermal pads. To do so you should google "how to disassemble <laptop model>", eventually you will find videos on youtube of someone doing it on camera, so just get some screwdrivers, thermal paste (MX-4 or MX-5 is a solid choice), some thermal pads and slowly repeat the process step by step.
If it doesn't help, you might look into one of those laptop cooling pads. Also, consider not to keep it on the table - if you keep it on some sort of standings you get up to 5-10C lower temps by not obstructing ventilation holes.
>>
>>54798472
Laptops run hot, there's no escaping that.
AMD runs hotter.
The only thing you can do is clean out the dust.
>>
>>54798616
Also refrain from blocking air intakes. Cooling pad could help but generaly speaking just do not place it on bed, table without some elevation.
>>
>as i read this thread the shit box is literally hitting 167
>>
>>54798472
>Open laptop
>Disassabmle it
>Clean out dirt
>Replace cheap thermal paste with new good one
>Re-assabmle laptop again
>Wonder what to do with the 20 leftover screws
>>
>>54798712
>>Wonder what to do with the 20 leftover screws
?
>>
>>54798729
I've opened my laptop 4 or 5 times, each time i have ~5 screws left and i have no idea where they're supposed to go, i suspect that my laptop is held together by just 5 screws right now.
>>
>>54798822
jesuschristhowhorrifying
>>
>>54798829
The only thing worrying me right now is the glass plate in front of the actual screen - the glue sucks and it's falling out.
>>
>>54798842
that sounds fuggin awful dude. Try and super glue that shit back together? kek.

Seriously though, how the fuck do you fuck up so bad that the glue is falling out? is it old?
>>
>>54798859
It's a 7 year old "gaming" laptop. It served me well. The glass plate is not really much of an issue, it's not like i'm moving it anywhere - super gluing it all together is too much effort for no gain.

F soon.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.