[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's spend some money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ss.png (2 KB, 346x89) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
2 KB, 346x89
/g/ decides what should I buy with my $85.

Also any shopping advice is taken.
>>
why do you need to spend it? is this like a disgustingly poor version of that adam sandler movie where he gets some money but he has to spend it to get it (or whatever the terms were)?

why can't you just, like, keep the money and then when you need something, be like "well it sure is convenient that i have $85 in the bank"?
>>
>>54797675

Get the UE Roll, and/or the Anker PowerCore 20100 USB battery pack. Both are incredibly good investments, and you can almost buy them both for $85.
>>
>>54797694
the UE Roll is great if you need waterproof bluetooth speakers, and the anker battery pack is great if you're traveling and your access to power isn't a sure thing, but we haven't established that the OP falls under either of these use cases.

like i would love to see OP go travel and stuff and thus benefit from a battery pack, but first tell us that you actually do that and that you spend more than 2 or 3 hours away from a powered USB port per day.
>>
>>54797708

I carry both of those items daily. Some days I need them, some days I don't. It's always good to be prepared, though.

Remember: USB battery packs don't just work on *your* phone. If you aren't an awkward, socially anxious shitter, you may encounter someone who needs a charge. Alternatively, you may encounter someone who needs to tether, which will eat your phone battery like none other, thus necessitating a charge for yourself.

Save the day. You know you should.
>>
>>54797730
>It's always good to be prepared,
what sort of life do you lead that you feel carrying around a wireless bluetooth speaker every day is the natural conclusion of "always be prepared"?

and i *have* a battery pack, but i work in an office sort of space so nobody i know ever needs to use a battery - they can plug into any of the countless wall-powered usb ports we have all around us. and i don't carry a battery pack when i go out at night, because as a guy who doesn't carry a purse, carrying that discretely would be impossible.

i carry my battery pack when i travel, and it's perfectly suited in that case, but it's out of place otherwise.

so this is the question i'm trying to get at: what sort of life did you immediately assume the OP leads that makes a bluetooth speaker the obvious first choice? given the people we see every day on /g/, the assumption that he would use a battery pack seems like a stretch. there's a guy who posts a bedroom/desk area that looks like he's made it out of cartons from snacks he's eaten. another guy eats butter out of the container.
>>
Donate to Wikipedia
Buy WinRar
>>
>>54797799
>amazon credit
cool to see /g/ can't read.
>>
>>54797675
Send it to my account as a e-giftcard
>>
>>54797802
Can't you like pay it out ?
Not an Amazon user.
>>
>>54797812
no. that's not really how any gift cards work. it's not really amenable to money launderers.
>>
>>54797685
Because it's not a bank, it's amazon credit. He's already given the money to Amazon just not redeemed it. Did you even look at the picture?
>>
>>54797772

Bluetooth speakers are useful in general. Like if you're working around the house, and you want loud music you can actually carry around easily. Or if you want to listen to music, audiobooks, or podcasts in the shower (I do, daily). Or if you have an especially shitty car, and the Roll ends up sounding better than your car speakers (this is true in my wife's van).

Those are the everyday uses, and there are a thosuand special uses for it that fill in the gaps (picnics, float trips, parties).
>>
File: ss2.png (39 KB, 341x83) Image search: [Google]
ss2.png
39 KB, 341x83
>>54797685
acutally I had a lot of money before (pic related) and I think I've spent it nicely.

>>54797694
>>54797708
Thank you, since I've already have a usb battery pack and got a decent headphone I don't need to buy those again.

>>54797708
you got a point dude, it has saved a lot of days for me.

>>54797799
you make me sad.
>>
>>54797949
>acutally I had a lot of money before (pic related) and I think I've spent it nicely.
i mean i'll take your word for it, but i think you've misunderstood my point if you're inferring that i want to see that you've spent about 9x as much money on various things already.

i'm generally advocating that you save your money for things that you actually want (or better yet, need).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.