[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone draw which way the air flows on this? I'm so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
Can someone draw which way the air flows on this? I'm so confused, why would it blow the hot air down? or does it not do not? fuck me ass
>>
File: PhotoEditor-1464503218543.jpg (121 KB, 900x474) Image search: [Google]
PhotoEditor-1464503218543.jpg
121 KB, 900x474
>>
>>54796323
In the pic you can see some fins through the fan (top edge), also along the bottom edge, this is where 90% of the air will come out. Some air will also come out the front and back as well. Basically it goes everywhere. For open cards you generally want to remove the PCI bracket covering the slot just below it and also have a case fan blowing across the card for optimal cooling.

>>54796392
This is what a reference/blower-style cooler does, but nearly all custom card designs throw the heat back into the case.
>>
>>54796323
It blows away from the PCB, usually GPU fans blows towards.
>>
>>54796323
You're right, the fan blades make it looks like it blows out and away from the card. But every card I've ever known and seen blows air down at the fins so I expect this to do the same.
>>
The fans blows air down towards the heatsink fins
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.