[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought one of these NSA citizen monitoring devices. Currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: feature-slate.jpg (105 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
feature-slate.jpg
105 KB, 1000x1000
I just bought one of these NSA citizen monitoring devices.

Currently you can only order these through Alexa, as a Prime member.

For $1.00 I will tell you how to get the echo dot without buying an Echo. This is a savings of over $168.00 to you.

Direct message me for more details
>>
Fuck off

That thing is a irl botnet
>>
>>54795810
People are literally putting always on listening devices in their homes.

What the fuck happened? I'm almost 30 and nobody my age seems to even understand the concept of privacy. The kids born in the late 90s on are totally fucked.
>>
>>54795854
>People are literally putting always on listening devices in their homes.

you do realize that if you own and use a smart phone you're a complete hypocrite
>>
>>54795854

lmaoing @ ur life

Privacy is dead grandpa

The government is the best thing ever and only evil racist sexist islamaphobic conservatives think otherwise
>>
>>54795922
>Privacy is dead grandpa

Then can we finally ban abortion, since the Supreme Courts argument was muh privacy.
>>
>>54796006
you tried, anon
>>
>>54795810
Apart from the fact that its an irl botnet, hacking it would be fun.
Pretty sure it runs linux.
>>
>>54795854

>always on listening devices

It has a rolling buffer it uses to scan for a wakeword. It doesn't record or transmit anything until you say the wakeword. Yes, we would know if it was doing so. You think security researchers aren't already halfway up this thing's ass looking for any evidence that it's abusing people's trust? Tearing it apart, running packet sniffers, etc.?

Also, >>54795893, but I would take it even further. Your phone knows everything about you. If you use Verizon in the US, Verizon knows and sells analytics data on you. Facebook tracks you across the internet, Google tracks you across the internet, Amazon tracks you across the internet, your phone tracks you in real life, CCTV and license plate readers track you in real life, your car (if it's recent) tracks you in real life, and the list just keeps getting longer every year.

The Echo knowing that you need trash bags is the last fucking thing you retards should be up in arms about.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.