[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help /g/ >be me >play games with friends and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: category_wireless_banner.jpg (51 KB, 693x390) Image search: [Google]
category_wireless_banner.jpg
51 KB, 693x390
I need some help /g/

>be me
>play games with friends and experiment with websites
>have dad who works for uni IT department
>database and networking admin
>wont allow any incoming traffic on our network period

I want to start a server on my old Gateway tower for HTML websites and some games with friends, but my dad absolutely refuses to let anyone open a port on the router, and I don't have credentials to log into the router myself. We do have a backup network, but I don't have access to that either and theirs a data cap. How would I be able to host something without using something like hamachi or breaking into the router/losing my dad's trust?
>>
Respect his decision. He probably knows better than you.
>>
You could buy a VPS or something and host it elsewhere
>>
you could pay the internet bill and get your own router without even having to move out!

the possibilities are endless, summerfag.
>>
Set up a separate network, put a router (pfsense in a VM works fine) and ask for a route to your network.
That way your shit is separated so there should not be a problem.
>>
>>54792931
Hamachi VPN?
>>
>>54792931
Get your own place and move out?
>>
Tyrone's trying to get CP again
>>
>>54792931
You need to be 18 or older to use this website.
>>
use something like squid to tunnel your traffic through the DNS port
>>
File: 1457960888589.jpg (86 KB, 243x393) Image search: [Google]
1457960888589.jpg
86 KB, 243x393
>wont allow any incoming traffic on our network period

So how do you play games with friends or access any website?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.