[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, eurocuck reporting in. Just wondering if anyone here knows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
So, eurocuck reporting in.
Just wondering if anyone here knows in detail this shitty "cookie law". In particular, I'd like to know what am I supposed to add to my website (banner, popup, a very long and boring disclaimer...) if I used just two google fonts and a google map embedded in the contacts page.
>>
>>54789300
I don't think you need to add anything as long as you don't set any cookies yourself.
>>
>>54789300
i don't want your cookies, faggtot
>>
>>54789300
There are (free) services that check the website for you.
You might want to try out
>https://apps.optanon.com/Account/Register
for example.
>>
>>54789351
So far I have understood that there are:
- analytics cookies (not my case)
- third-parties cookies
- "my" cookies (one-part cookies, not my case)

Google webfonts and Google Maps APIs should be third-parties, i just don't understand if they can effectively track the final user or not.
Also, the informative material by the minister of my country is absolutely obscure shit.
>>
>>54789469
>third-parties cookies

According to
>http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm
It doesn't look like googles third party tracking cookies are exempt from the regulation, so you'll probably have to show some kind of disclaimer for that.
>>
This law is pure garbage.
If I had to do a disclaimer my way, I'd fill an entire page with "I don't give a fuck about you, bitch".
>>
>>54789727
I block the disclaimers in uBlock for websites I visit regularly.
>>
Op here again.
I'm going to add an informative banner which loads the google maps iframe only if the user accepts the terms.
As for the Google web fonts I use, I don't even know if they install cookie; some people say yes, other people say no. Well, fuck.
What if I host locally those fonts (e.g. Open Sans, Muli) without passing through google? It should be fine with no cookies, right?
>>
>>54789300
I'm a leftist cunt and I'm for all for all kinds of government regulations, especially when they stop corporations for screwing people over. But this cookie law is just plain retardation. It helps absolutely no-one. Who even came up with this shit? Is that supposed to be some substitution for real privacy-protecting laws?
>>
>>54791848
>leftist [...] for [...] government
You don't know what left is.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.