[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple Magic Keyboard 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1462855055276.webm (160 KB, 640x318) Image search: [Google]
1462855055276.webm
160 KB, 640x318
>Butterfly hinges (designed by Apple engineers)
>Slimmest desktop keyboard on the market
>Built in Li-Poly battery tech
>Lightning connection for seamless pairing and charging
>Greater surface area on each key for more accurate typing
>Best looking keyboard on the market
This changes everything.
>>
>>54786623
fuck off
>>
Not my style
>>
File: sgmxet0etdf4q3b3rry8.gif (1 MB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
sgmxet0etdf4q3b3rry8.gif
1 MB, 636x358
Notice how you can tap any part of the key and you get a quick, linear response. Gone are the days of fingers slipping while you type. This allows you to be 5% more productive while typing.
The small details are what are love about Apple.
>>
>>54786683
>Notice how you can tap any part of the key and you get less than a fucking millimeter of key travel. Gone are the days of fingers feeling anything when you type.
FTFY
>>
>>54786683

So, it's trash
>>
>>54786623
>>54786683
Please shill elsewhere faggot
>>
>>54786683
Jesus fucking Christ, I never realized how low profile the keys are.
Fucking awful.
>>
File: 1453418351256.png (2 MB, 987x915) Image search: [Google]
1453418351256.png
2 MB, 987x915
>>54786623
>Butterfly hinges

That's not how you say 'scissor switches'
>>
File: image-2.webm (926 KB, 760x378) Image search: [Google]
image-2.webm
926 KB, 760x378
Apple created a new “butterfly” mechanism, which more evenly distributes the pressure on a single key than the traditional “scissor” mechanism. That supposedly means a more precise typing experience and less errors. It’s thinner because each key actually moves less when you press it.

Overall, the butterfly keyboard is 40% thinner than a scissor keyboard, and four times more stable.
>>
File: 1462539212969.png (385 KB, 485x723) Image search: [Google]
1462539212969.png
385 KB, 485x723
> Apple engineers
You mean pajeets, right?
>>
what's the point of a physical keyboard if you remove tactile feedback

apple shills eat everything they shit out raw i swear
>>
>>54786815
thats exactly what i thought when i read about it
>>
Go fuck yourself, apple shill.
>>
>>54786623
>lightning port
>>This changes everything
You're missing something very important here.
>>
>>54786780
>Overall, the butterfly keyboard is 40% thinner than a scissor keyboard, and four times more stable.
Who cares if it's thinner? We want something that feels like pressing a button when pressing a key. I have felt keyboards on new MacBooks and it's barely better than tapping on a table. Thin keyboards like the older Apple Aluminum are already more than thin enough for a desktop.
>>
>>54787515
>>using a desktop
>>2016
>>
>>54787545
WTF is a >using a desktop fag doing in a thread about standalone keyboards?

I actually use a laptop docked -- nice big screen, mouse, full normal desktop keyboard layout, then I can take whatever I'm doing with me easily.

I am going to build a proper desktop though later this year, for the more powerful CPU since I do some heavy data processing sometimes, and for >games. I also want proper cooling and no more ghetto fan control programs and extra fans you stuff under or on the side to help cooling. Desktop CPUs still beat laptop ones, and good luck upgrading the GPU in a fancy gaming laptop.

Either way, my old Apple Aluminum sits pretty flat on the desk, and slimming its body to zero would add nothing to the typing experience. Cutting the key travel to like 1/4 of what it is, however, would kill the experience.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.