[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the new high-end Xbox ("Scorpio") will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Do you think the new high-end Xbox ("Scorpio") will run full desktop Windows 10?

It would make a ton of sense. Microsoft has had success with the x86 Surface Pro, it would be a logical progression to make a small form factor desktop PC ala the Mac Mini, and they obviously can't use the Surface brand for a home PC. The hardware overlap between a modern console and a PC is basically 100% these days too.

I can't see many people buying a $500+ powerful mid-generation console, but a $500+ general-purpose PC, why not?
>>
>>54785351
>>/v/
>>
>>54785445
My point is that it would be more of a computer than a standard console. Not sure if they'll let you run gentoo on it, though.
>>
>>54785526
If you install gentoo on it, Bill Gates comes to your house and fucks you!
>>
Doubt it, they wont want to let users have admin access to a xbone.
>>
they wont because they want complete control of the xbox enviroment.
>>
>>54785351
I doubt it will happen with scorpio. But it might with the next xbox, microsoft wants to merge xbox with windows 10 so it'd make sense. They could market it as a console with all the features of a pc even though it is a pc. gaymers will fall for it. It'd probably be restricted a few ways though.
>>
>>54786596
>>54786855
I'm sure there's ways to lock off the Xbone side of things from the desktop Windows side of things.
>>
>>54786877
I think it's got to happen eventually. I'm just not convinced an expensive high-spec mid-generation console succeeding solely on that concept. You're just gong to get enhanced ports, and how big is that market?

On top of that, it would make sense that MS would want to capitalise on the success of the Surface Pro by creating something similar on the desktop - it's surprising they haven't done it already. Using the Xbox brand to do that makes some sense.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.