[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the C++ programming language so popular amongst you, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Cpplogo.jpg (36 KB, 433x455) Image search: [Google]
Cpplogo.jpg
36 KB, 433x455
Why is the C++ programming language so popular amongst you, /g/?
>>
>>54784756
Because no one /g/ actually is a real software developer
>>
If you go Java it means your a code monkey
>>
>>54784812
Why?
I mainly use Python, but got nothing against Java or C++
>>
>>54784787
Ok Ranjeet, hows you java script these days, Microsoft not paying as well as it used to?
>>
>>54784756
Because it's the best language that currently exists that is multi platform and doesn't require a bloated VM or proprietary runtime.

It's basically just C with objects for making UI's and shit, Anyone that hates it is literally retarded.
>>
>>54784845

"Ranjeet" is not even indian name LOL #Racistfail
>>
>>54785902
>I know what is and what is not Indian name
Never knew Stalin was Indian, the more you know.
>>
>>54785929
Did i somewhere say Stalin is indian..? No, I did'nt. So stfu
>>
>>54784756
I started with C and Python and C++ was "easy" to learn.

C++ is really cool. You can use your C code and if you don't know the C++ way of it, you can use the C-style for this.
Also inline asm is possible which gives you much might.

I also don't like the syntax of Java or C#.
>>
It's not. Everyone here talks about how bad it is and how C is better. The reason for that is >>54784787. /g/ is full of 1st year CS students and NEETs
>>
>>54784756
http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/c++/I_did_it_for_you_all
C++ was a joke from the beginning
>>
>>54786644
>Well, one day, when I was sitting in my office, I thought of this little scheme, which would redress the balance a little. I thought ‘I wonder what would happen, if there were a language so complicated, so difficult to learn, that nobody would ever be able to swamp the market with programmers? Actually, I got some of the ideas from X10, you know, X windows. That was such a bitch of a graphics system, that it only just ran on those Sun 3/60 things.. They had all the ingredients for what I wanted. A really ridiculously complex syntax, obscure functions, and pseudo-OO structure. Even now, nobody writes raw X-windows code. Motif is the only way to go if you want to retain your sanity..
this is gold
>>
>>54784830
The way I learned it:

Python is for web development or quick prototyping

Java is software engineering

C++ is software engineering with hubris

C for embedded systems that doesn't use a Linux stack
>>
I am a embedded systems developer. We have some projects written in C++. Some other projects are written in C, but the most is written in C++. It's used because of the complexity and hardware of the project.
C++ has everything, you can do low level programming, but also do surface programming and everything between. Another big point is, that c++ can run on nearly everything: on x86 (unix, windows..), arm(arduino..).
>>
>>54787526
>python is for web development

python doesnt even run in a """"web"""" browser you mong
>>
>>54784756
C# and Visual Studio 2015
>>
>>54789591

He probably means the back-end
>>
>>54786644
http://www.stroustrup.com/bs_faq.html#impostor
>>
>>54787526
>Python is for web development or quick prototyping
^Python^Clojure

Also, I'm of the school of thought that you shouldn't prototype in a different language than what you're implementing in.
>>
>>54791676
I always made sure to prototype in a language that was way outside of the company's stable. When I was working with a bunch of C or C++ devs, I'd use Lisp, Haskell, Smalltalk, etc depending on the era/problem. If I didn't do this there was always too much risk of some pointy-hair putting the prototype into production.
>>
>Linux is the kingpin of computer operating systems
>Linux was written in C
>C++ figuratively means C but better
>>
>>54785902
Tripfag please go
>>
>>54789591
Python can be used for the backend like a PHP replacement.
Python is a multipurpose language though.
>>
Just werks. No gimmicks.
>>
I feel it would be the best language to work in for digital signal processing stuff
Unless /g/ could enlighten me to better languages (and why)
>>
>>54786769
>I thought ‘I wonder what would happen, if there were a language so complicated, so difficult to learn, that nobody would ever be able to swamp the market with programmers?
Haskell?
>>
UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!
>>
>>54791676
It works if you work within the similarities of the languages.
>>
>>54792250
>figuratively
got that right for once
>>
>>54784756
Because everyone here is still in their unis lower level cs classes--learning about what people did in the industry in 2006.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.