[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THANK YOU BASED INTEL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
THANK YOU BASED INTEL
>>
$1700 for a cpu?

I only wish it was $3000. intel deserves it. :)
>>
>>54782653
This is professional class of CPUs. Your gayming class will come later. Also I do not see anyone ranting about 2000$ Firepro/Quadro GPUs so fuck off.
>>
>>54782754
If it is "professional" class, why does the pic specify "graphics" cards?

I'm sure "professionals" have other expansion cards in mind.

RAID cards or NICs for instance. Perhaps Xeon Phi coprocessors.
Data acquisition cards.
>>
>>54782836
Simulations, 3D modeling etc. - you need GPU for these. Also any company not using PCIe SSDs while dealing with huge amounts of data is torturing its employees.
>>
>>54782836
40 PCIe lanes. No gaymer is ever going to use that. Having two cards in SLI is a joke, not going to talk about 4.
>>
>>54782874
This is the extreme enthusiast tier of product.
The professional class are the Xeons.

You'd know this if you had a job
>>
>When you need 40 pci-e 3.0 lanes for Muh Gaymes
>>
>>54782902
This is the extreme enthusiast tier of product. Intel sells a few thousand of these to people like linus who puts 4 980Tis in SLI and shows it off on youtube.

Really this shit isn't THAT expensive for middle aged people. $2000 CPU, $2500 of GPUs, $1000 for the rest and that's not even $10,000.
The market is people who would have expensive cars or houses but instead spend it on high end computers.

Professionals just get the fucking Xeon and dedicated GPGPU compute cards.
>>
>>54782906
>everyone with job uses xeons

K
>>
>>54782948
If you render shit for a living your company just gets some Xeons for you. Unless what you're doing is worthless.
>>
>>54782939
Except if you want performance.
>>
>>54782637
>Intel© Turbo Boost Max Hyper Mega Evolution Ultra Fast As Fuck Really Bro Shit Is Fast Technology®
>>
>>54782974
>Except if you want performance.

again, that's where the GPU comes in with parallel processing.

These 8+ core systems are redundant.
>>
>>54782962
Aren't xeons basically i7s without an igpu? Sure there are i7s without igpus too... not sure. I mean sure there are xeons with 12+ cores but there are also those with 4-8 cores and they're much more expensive than a commensurately-cored i7.
>>
>>54782637
If they make a NUC with it, I'll buy it. But it will probably need such a big enclosure for cooling, it may take a while to reach SFF computers.
>>
>>54782637
This retard posted this yesterday as well, obvious shill is obvious, go kill yourself kike.
>>
>>54783252
the latest Xeons peform as the same as the latest i7. The clocking options in the Xeons are more fined tuned though.
>>
>>54783372
It literally leaked yesterday, it was posted on most tech sites across the web over the last day or two. I highly doubt this is the same exact dude as yesterday.
>>
File: CjStNXO-a5lU.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg (69 KB, 840x560) Image search: [Google]
CjStNXO-a5lU.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg
69 KB, 840x560
>>54783401
>>54783252
>Aren't xeons basically i7s without an igpu?

This meme needs to die.

1st of all, Xeons have GPUs. 2nd of all, starting from skylake, Xeons need boards that license the C236 chipset.

In other words, NO, they are not simple swaps. And arguably, a xeon may even cost since u have to go motherboard hunting with a more fine-tuned eye.
>>
>>54783451
If you have X99 and 2011-3 then Xeons are literally just locked multiplier versions of the consumer CPUs. Neither have iGPUs, but the consumer 5820/5930/5960 have unlocked multipliers and can be OC'd significantly whereas unless you have an ES Xeon, you can't OC them (they want you to shell out for one of the $4000+ high frequency 10+ core CPUs)

Not everyone has consumer boards.
>>
>>54782939
>for middle aged people
how cute is that he still have hopes and dreams
>>
>>54783413
It is, he wrote the exact same thing
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.