[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wait.. AMD hasnt come out with a new mobo chipset since 2011?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 46463467347.jpg (71 KB, 770x1059) Image search: [Google]
46463467347.jpg
71 KB, 770x1059
wait.. AMD hasnt come out with a new mobo chipset since 2011?
>>
AMD is on the edge of defeat
>>
Nobody even bothers shilling for AMD CPUs anymore. The entire meme team is WAIT FOR ZEN right now. You also posted the wrong Jew to trigger the drones.
>>
idk, but their shit is cheap

$200 mobo/processor combo
>>
>>54779765

>cheap
>uses 2-3x more wattage to do tasks 4-5x slower
>>
>>54779756
Zen certainly doesn't help if I'm stuck on an old socket.
>>
File: intel born to jew.png (26 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
intel born to jew.png
26 KB, 200x200
>>54779794
I think I know who's behind this post.
>>
>>54779794
Its actually 10x faster with HSA though!

>disclaimer: synthetic benchmark nothing actually uses HSA for anything useful

AMD meme marketing at its finest.
>>
>>54779381
Honestly the fx series has it's problems, but is pretty good. 8core cpu for high end photoshop / video rendering is godly for the price.

The problem is that they put all their eggs in the multicore basket, when most DX11 games only use 2-4 cores, leaving single thread performance the most important. If you're gaming between 2011-2016 just fucking buy intel.

Here's hoping Zen delivers. Looks promising.
>>
>>54780612
Would you buy a fx 6300 or an I3 6100 if you only had $100-$125 and there was a gun to your head?
>>
>>54780644
Well if you overclock, and play games that can use the multicore, the FX is better. The average plug and play user is probably better off with the i3 though.
>>
>>54780824
I'd get the i3 because ddr4. In terms of raw cpu performance it probably trades blows, but the fx can be overclocked. However I've recently noticed how memory bandwidth affects gaming performance so I'd have to take the i3.
>>
>>54780824
thanks for the response

I've been having a hard time deciding

I think the fx 6300 "could" be viable for a longer period, but the i3 would be upgradable without worrying about a new mobo

I'll probably just flip a coin when the time comes
>>
>>54780868
>>54780872
>>54780612
Like I said earlier, if your use case is gaming, Intel just wins right now, unless zen turns out to be awesome.
I have an fx 8350 and I love that baby, but it looked much better at the time.

Again though, vishera is awesome for non-gaming workloads.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.