[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone who owns my phone plan is stalking me and threatening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: shitpostingreeee.gif (1 MB, 269x151) Image search: [Google]
shitpostingreeee.gif
1 MB, 269x151
Someone who owns my phone plan is stalking me and threatening to request text messages sent to them. I'm considering litigious action, but I'm also perusing this over.

Cellular providers can provide only numbers, not actual messages sent. Is this correct? This is why people need warrants to see text messages, for instance.

Word to the wise, don't share phone plans in short term relationships.
>>
>>54778544
Drop the phone plan?
>>
>>54778544
>Word to the wise, don't share phone plans in short term relationships.
What kind of numale cuck lets the woman manage the plan?
>>
No, you're not able to read actual text messages unless you have the phone.

Sorry. You can't spy on your children/brother/whatever.

>implying stalker

I just find it hard to believe, sorry.
>>
>>54778558
Consider it done. Question still remains.

>>54778559
Word to the wise is to just have your own plan in almost every circumstance, regardless of the trustworthiness of the relationship.
>>
>>54778544
>request text messages sent to them

Wouldn't they already have access to those particular messages, dingus?
>>
>>54778586
What the fuck are you talking about? They have logs, nothing more. AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile does not store text messages of literally every single citizen. They store logs of who communicated with who.

If President is in town and you're nearby, you might get eavesdropped. Other than that, you are not going to convince any cellular provider to send you a fucking copy of all the texts you've ever sent to everyone.

Source: Someone who's been threatened with this before.
>>
>>54778583
If it is done, the question becomes invalid, does it not?
>>
>>54778650
Well theres still the fact that text messages were sent with the old plan. I'm just curious as to whether someone can retrieve that information, or if it's only restricted to law enforcement.

Consider asking your service provider to send you all your text message contents in paper or an e-mail, do you think that would be feasible?
>>
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2471232/endpoint-security/how-long-does-your-mobile-phone-provider-store-data-for-law-enforcement-access-.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/mobile/how-long-do-wireless-carriers-keep-your-data-f120367

I'm not concerned that OP made a stupid mistake. He's fessing up to it. I'm really more concerned that no one is really considering the question in the first place.

>>54778696
>Consider asking your service provider to send you all your text message contents in paper or an e-mail, do you think that would be feasible?

Not unless you're law enforcement.
>>
>>54778730
Can anyone confirm this?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.