[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony Xperia smartphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: Xperia-Z-Family-640x659.png (168 KB, 640x659) Image search: [Google]
Xperia-Z-Family-640x659.png
168 KB, 640x659
Why are they so overpriced? Is Sony deliberately sabotaging its own company branch?
Talking about the new models coming out Xperia X, X performance.
(same happened in all Z high end flagships, Z1, z2,z3,z5(
>>
>>54777434
retarded peolpe asking retarded questions.
THEY SELL YOU THE SONY BRAND! why you guys never understand?
>>
wtf u talking about. my z2 was cheaper than whatever galaxy S# was out at the time. and i paid full price unlocked
>>
The camera is gooder
>>
premium brand, design
>>
I got Z1 and I'm going to z3, trust me, they are good phones, they go underwater they are dust proof and also have awesome cameras. And they are really fast, you won't regret buying on of those..
>>
Sony mobile unit is a big money loser so they're only going after the high end market now to get fat profit margins.
>>
Love Sony's design but I'm not paying a $300 premium on a good looking phone with midrange hardware.
>>
>>54777434
Don't know what you are talking about. I love my Z3.
>>
I like my Z3 but very pissed that Tmobile has stopped updating it since that no longer sell Sonys. I'm stuck with 5.0.2 forever. I'll never buy another phone from Tmobile.
>>
>>54777434
Made in Japan
>>
>>54777434
cause theyre the only ones that makes a good small-ish phone sides from applel

>tfw 1st gen moto g was best moto g in shape and size
>>
Got a z here, the water proof has saved it twice and its a pretty nicely built phone and looks on point.
>>
>>54781724
Troll
>>
I have an Aqua M4 and what is this
>>
>>54777434
Except they aren't, they're one of the few companies that give you what you pay for. Posted from my Z2.
>>
I've had the Z2 for 2 years. It's kickass brilliant. Just got my second Marshmallow update a few days ago.
>>
>>54777434
Z5C owner here, because it just werks.
>>
Because they have better build quality than other chink phones.
>>
>>54778358
Same - paid less than Samsung, LG, applel, Motorola crap, or any other flagship phone - for my z2
>>
>>54777434
They dont cost much for what they offer, really. Compared to 600-900$ smartphones, my z3c @350€ was cheap as fuck considering it had more or less the same hardware as other phones but superior everything else. Sony z smartphones are very well thought and they will satisfy you 100% of the time. Once you go Sony you dont go back.

Also sony's android is probably the best version of Android there is
>>
>>54777434
They lose value at a skyrocketing pace tho. Most Sony high end smartphones enter at 500-600€ and by a single year they go down to 300-450€. They probably just try eating on the novelty with a fat price and then quickly reduce it to interest more people. I remember the z3c costing a lot more than the z1c although sharing the same identical cpu, ram power and most of the features. Of course even the z3c dropped considerably just 5-6 months after it was released. Look at low hard and fast the Xperia x is gonna drop, time will tell
>>
>>54782632
>ugly angular glass slabs
>fuckhuge bezels
>slower than Samsung with updates
>6 month late marshmallow update removed all the power saving features
>locked bootloaders
>mobile radio active bugs never fixed
I used a Z2 for a year and will never touch a Sony phone again.
>>
>>54782720
Oh and I almost forgot the piss poor cameras.
>>
>>54782171

My Z2 was €299 when I got it new
>>
I wouldn't call them overpriced. They are waterproof, have a good screen and camera (admittedly not as good as other manufacturers, not anymore), look nice and work well.

I don't see anything wrong with the price since they cost as much or less than the other high-end flagship smartphones. The camera on my Z5 was a letdown though, and that is mostly due to the high FOV which makes the edges blurry.
>>
>>54782728
>piss poor cameras.

Sounds like you got jipped. Probably a Chinese fake Z2.
>>
>>54777434
X performance seems like the best SD820 phone though.
>not fuckhuge
>not meme resolution
>no front buttons
>stereo front speakers
>sd card
>not a locked down pos
>gonna get official aosp eventually - equals good rom support
The battery is disappointing though. I'm getting it next year unless something better comes out.
>>
>>54782728
>piss poor camera software/drivers
ftfy
>>
>>54782770
Haha no. Their cameras have always been subpar and way overhyped. They also have a retarded uv filter coating on top of the lens that scratches just from pocket contact and makes pictures blurry. Removing it with alcohol sort of fixes it but adds a purple tint to outdoor photos. This is a well document flaw.
>>
>>54777434
What? My z2 was the exact same price as any other brand new phone when I bought it. Battery lasts forever so I'm happy.
>>
I have the very first Z, and I can say that it's probably the best looking Android phone ever made.
>>
>>54777434
How is $350 for a Z3 overpriced? That's rather standard price for mid-high phones.
>>
>>54782815
So what would you recommend, because everyone else says the exact opposite of you.
>>
>>54782155
Seriously, this. I dropped my Z2 quite a few times without a case, and there is not a single crack on the glass either side. Having aluminum instead of plastic is also a plus.
>>
>>54782720
actually there is battery saver if you go to battery usage and press 3 dots on upper right corner
there is no any settings for it tho
it was really confusing
>>
File: DSC00003.jpg (846 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
DSC00003.jpg
846 KB, 2048x1536
>>54777434
They are not overpriced. Just buy a used Z2 or even new for under 300 €. The new ones don't have much better specs, nothing what was worth the expense.

Also even if you buy new, these phones are better than Samshit and Apple.

Btw, I still want to fix my audio jack. I don't think the phone will survive much longer, as it gets wet sometimes in the inside, but shit still works.
>Sony
>>
I just bought an unlocked Z5 Compact for $390. Best phone I've ever had and I've only had it for 3 days. OP you're delusional if you think they're mad expensive.
>>
>>54781939
There are some phones made in Japan, but I don't think Xperias are.
>>
File: DSC_0617.jpg (1018 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0617.jpg
1018 KB, 1500x844
I've had my Z5 for a year soon.
it's great and I recommend it, battery life could be better though. camera is alright but the feel of the phone in your hand is the best, it feels like a premium phone.

pic related, had to downsample it.
>>
File: gsmarena_001[1].jpg (32 KB, 728x652) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_001[1].jpg
32 KB, 728x652
>>54777434

>why are SONY FLAGSHIPS so overpriced?

sony will always sell their newly introduced phones for higher prices, especially their flagship series, there's no running from that. don't think that they will give you a X performance model for cheap just because their mobile division is not making any profit.

however, you may sidestep this issue by either waiting for the prices to go down(they will) or buying a second hand previous flagship. you may also try their mid-ranger M and C models. they are consistent design-wise and both look and perform well.

to be honest, I won't be able to understand "i need to buy the flagship"fags. I got myself the entry level xperia E and loving the battery life. those fucking flagships eat battery and get burning hot. don't underestimate the non-flagship sony phones, bitches find them good(they only care about looks and sony phones do look good, ignore the autists here), even my little xperia E managed to be a conversation starter at work.

look at this "leaked" E5 which is claimed to be coming out soon, it will do what you usually do with a smartphone just fine while looking great, and you don't have to be a lvl.64 fire mage to handle it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.