[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cellphones proven to cause cancer: http://www.wsj.com/artic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1324257295586.gif (2 MB, 267x242) Image search: [Google]
1324257295586.gif
2 MB, 267x242
Cellphones proven to cause cancer:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/cellphone-cancer-link-found-in-government-study-1464324146
>>
Bullshit
>>
>>54772660

And?
>>
>>54772660
Where's the actual study?
>>
This thread again?

- Ionizing radiation causes cancer by knocking electrons off atoms.

- "Non-ionizing" radiation can still cause cancer by exciting some chemical bonds between atoms, but is only at energies close to what is required to ionize, like mid-range UV light.

- Microwaves at 12 neV are 10e-8 as powerful as UV light at 12 eV, no ionization or bond excitation can occur from microwaves, it's not powerful enough.

- Microwaves CAN excite polar molecules like water, resulting in heat not ionization. This is how your microwave works. Your wireless router, cellphone, bluetooth headset, etc operate at amplitudes several magnitudes lower than a kitchen microwave.

tl;dr Cellphones do not cause cancer. They may measurably increase body tissue temperatures a small amount, but if your argument is "heat causes cancer" I hope you take cold showers.
>>
>>54772660
jeez at least link a non-paywall article

http://fortune.com/2016/05/27/cellular-radiation-cancer/

>For now, the researchers say the brain and heart tumors that they observed in some male rats “are considered likely the result of whole-body exposures” to radiofrequency radiation (RFR) modulated using the GSM and CDMA mobile industry standards.
>>
>>54772909
>As it happens, the control group rats actually had lower survival rates at the end of the two-year study than those exposed to the radiation

So the rats exposed to radiation developed brain and heart lesions at a 3% rate, but the control group rats who were not exposed to radiation died earlier?
Sounds to me like the irradiated rats simply lived long enough to develop these lesions as a product of old age rather than the radiation.
>>
>warrior social justice dot com
>>
>>54772660
>government study
I think you mean tin-foil hat funded, reviewed, and published by a single guy study.
>>
>>54772884
And the clencher ladies and gentlemen
>>
OP, are you retarded? posting a wsj link? fuck the fuck out
>>
>>54772660
I refuse to believe this gif is real
>>
File: shekel.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
shekel.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
nah just upgrade gullibles
>>
>>54773063
It's pretty obviously fake
>>
>>54773103
My fear for those things is still there tho.
>>
>>54773063
>>54773103
It actually happened, this was in Russia, poorly-secured counter-weights on a crane turned that car into a pancake.
Source: I live here
>>
>>54772660
study uses 900 MHz. That wavelength is approximately 0.3 meters in length. How the fuck is that going to ionize matter with only a small fraction of isotropic 1 Watt power up to your ear? The people who believe this shit are extremely gullible. I even know an RF engineer who does EM simulations that believes this shit. I guess everyone needs to believe in some crazy shit.
>>
>>54773179
[citation needed]
>>
>>54772660
If you take 200-300 cell phones and put them into a bag, then stick your head into it, you will most likely get cancer.
>>
>>54773253
That's still only 20-30 watts of radiation from it, barely enough to heat a thimble full of water. You'll get more cancer from turning the temperature up in your bedroom by one degree. Celsius or armpit, it doesn't matter which, still more cancer than a bag full of mobile phones.
>>
Better safe than sorry desu
>>
>non-ionizing radiation causes the same effects as ionizing radiation
nice clickbait
>>
if a slight increase in body temperature causes cancer, then we all might as well stop wearing clothes
>>
>>54773253
>If you take 200-300 cell phones and put them into a bag, then stick your head into it, you will still not get cancer.
Fixed that for you.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.