[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Free macbook Air and OSX?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image001.jpg (124 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
124 KB, 480x320
Ok boys, I have never understood the shill around RMS as I never actually cared to learn more about who he is or what he does.
Today I watched several videos, visited many websites and I like his ideas.
This vid may sound stupidly simple ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1AKIl_2GM ) but i like how he, although he knows his shit, explains it easily to the public.
I have recently bought Macbook Air, my first mac, I benefit greatly from it as I have the iPhone 5s too and so far, I like the apple world more over the win I was born and raised in.
Now tell me, what steps can I take in order to focus more on the freedom part of my daily routine ? Because Im not willing to go full GNU distro and shit as the transformation could be superstressful and I might decide later to go back. Could you point me to somewhere ?
>>
>>54772563
2 poos have been deposited in your designated shit eating hands Pajeet.
>>
With non-free software the best you can do is untick some privacy options somewhere in settings. Basically, you can't do shit on Windows and OSX by design, that's what all the buzz is about. You can start from transitioning to Xubuntu. Also, trying distros out on VirtualBox could make switching to GNU much less stressful.
>>
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/fa/
>>
you can only free the first modern models of macbooks (that means Macbook 1 and Macbook 2)

enjoy your speeds and bulk case
>>
http://brew.sh/

https://fix-macosx.com/

and avoid proprietary software
>>
>>54772899
of course it'll never be free as in freedom, but not much different from using *buntu distributions or any others that accept proprietary software by default
>>
>>54772563
There isn't a whole lot you can do. Even if you install a GNU/Linux distro, your BIOS/Mac Equivalent are non-free.

So use and support free software when possible, do not support business with bad practices, and try to maintain your freedoms.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.