[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of these careers tends to be "better" in your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Which of these careers tends to be "better" in your opinion? I've dabbled in both but so far I prefer IT. Does CS get better as it progresses?
>>
>>54772066

IT: you'll work with tons of retards. Both in dealing with end-users in a company, and with your coworkers. Seriously, I've met coworkers of friends in IT and it's amazing how fucking stupid you can be and still get some cert in order to get hired at BigCo.

CS: you'll work with manchildren and managers who treat you like a manchild because so many other SE's are manchildren. Nobody will understand what you do. Girlfriends, bosses, nobody. Your coworkers will think you're an idiot because you don't like the particular style that they consider to be in-vogue at the moment. After a decade you'll throw your hands up in the air and say, "holy shit, we're just going in circles here, people" and your young coworkers will despise you, saying that you're just old and don't want to learn.

You're fucked either way. At least you dumb girlfriend will appreciate that you fix her computer when you're in IT. Also, you can probably find work in more places, geographically speaking, in IT.
>>
IT is to CS as cashier is to treasurer.

They both deal with the same shit but one is completely plebeian in comparison, to the point where a comparison should not even be made.
>>
>>54772121
You're manchild if you think is okay to "do your own thing" when you're working for someone else.
>>
Well, for one, you'll make 40K more every year by choosing CS and then you also don't need to deal with as many retarded people. Not to say there aren't a plethora of absolute mongoloids in CS...
>>
>>54772121
Interesting. I already have a degree so this would be more about choosing a career path. So far I've tried dev and I've also tried IT work and while I'm not really wild about either, I prefer IT.

I guess I'm posting because there are a lot of people here who hate IT and prefer CS, so I'm wondering if the CS path gets more tolerable as time goes on.
>>
Neither, get into robotics. The problem solving of CS, the shift hours of IT, and the hands on of EE. Also factory work as a robotics engineer/maintenance isn't as bad as people say, pays well, good job security and you're almost always considered "management".
>>
>>54772066
Depends on the exact Branch.

CS is literally filled with incompetent baboons who think coding is some elitist art that only they compreend yet they can't do absolute dog shit besides programing a functional program.

IT Seriusly fucking depends on what are you are going to study.

If you're studying networks your life is set, all the hardware and software there is plus a bit of fun coding here and there and you will only have to deal with a minimal amount of retards.

If you're studying regular IT (IE: fixing computers and such) you're going to get fucked in the ass sideways by every single person you meet.

There are still a few more branches of IT you can study like advanced eletronics and stuff but thats not my area.
>>
>>54772066
Whatever you do, don't take CE. I am suffering through it right now. Fuckin microprocessors...
>>
>>54772586
I can't imagine robotics being that amazing of a Career path. Majority of the research being done by a very small amount of researchers/phDs. Fuck being a robot mechanic
>>
>>54773085
Look at me anon. It's gonna be ok lil nigga. You can do it. 75000 USD mean starting salary straight out of college.
>>
>>54772066
IT is easier to get into. CS takes more intelligence.
>>
Programming all day is for Pajeets. You're looking for DevOps, OP. It's the intersection of CS and IT.
>>
>>54775538
wtf is this. how to into DevOps.
>>
>>54772066
This is IT:
https://youtu.be/LG_AV0TGoow
>>
Was a dev for 2 years, switched to devops, never looked back
>>
Is this a serious question? IT are the Janitors for the CS department, what the fuck.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.