[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suckless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: suckmore.png (12 KB, 1920x1252) Image search: [Google]
suckmore.png
12 KB, 1920x1252
It's time we had a conversation about suckless.org

http://suckless.org/

They follow the principle of "worse is better" to the deepest i've ever seen and seems the next natural autistic step for all /g/entoomen and archfags

You might've heard of or even use a couple of their projects, namely dmenu, dwm and surf, aswell as a few only proper muppets would use, such as ii, which is an ultra-autismo FIFO based irc client written in just 500 lines of code, or sed which is the same in under 250.

They've recently released a statically linked distribution of linux called stali (http://sta.li/) that is impossible to install

Has anyone managed to install it yet? I challenge anyone to get it running
>>
I don't like their code style at all but dwm is a nice WM, dmenu works well enough

pretentious fucks tho
>>
>>54770965
There needs to be a balance between "Minimalist as fuck" and "Keep adding shit even though it's not needed for whatever reason". It's called oldversion.com.
>>
>>54771238
>pretentious fucks tho
True.

I enjoyed dmenu greatly, having first used it while living the TidOS life, and surf and dwm are great programs for a lite system.

The rest of their stuff I have never found a need for. I will try to install this Stali in a second.
>>
>>54771300
that site is confirmed cancer

http://blog.oldversion.com/microsoft-ends-support-for-old-versions-of-ie/
>>
idk why you seem so booty bothered by them op, is a make & make install too big of a mental challenge for you or? dwm, dmenu, tabbed, and st are amazing apps
>>
>>54771524
> calling OP mentally challenged
> suggesting make intsall for Stali
>>
>>54771524
>make install

show me
>>
>>54771553
>sees mentions to 5 suckless apps
>hurr it must be a mention about stali
lmao

also wtf is the default user:pw? there's no mention of it anywhere on sta.li
>>
>>54771576
show you what? you first
>>
>>54771581
did you try root and <blank>
>>
>>54771581
> see OP brag about not being able to install Stali
> call him mentally challenged and suggest installing dwm, dmenu, tabbed, and st with make install
>>
>>54771686
>see title "lets talk about suckless"
>still focusing on stali and individual products
baka
>>54771652
yeah just did, this thing didn't start until I allocated it 512M memory on qemu, such low memory footprint kek
>>
I use ii. It's the best irc client.

Also dwm is the best window manager. Other tiled window managers are bloated crap.
>>
>>54771524
>make & make install
>>
>>54770965
I really like dmenu and surf, and st is a huge improvement over something like xterm.

I really like their minimalist style, they adhere to the idea that a program should do something and do it well, without needing it to do a bunch of other stuff.

Dwm in particular is fantastic, it's incredibly lean and simple. After all, do you actually need anything else? I'm dual booting Debian which has all the bells and whistles with a second much more cut down Debian and I'm currently learning about patching and such while I'm installing and modifying dwm.
>>
>>54771932
nice blog faget
>>
>>54771963
<3 thank you senpai
>>
>>54772006
-grabs ass-
>>
File: cumface.png (82 KB, 225x216) Image search: [Google]
cumface.png
82 KB, 225x216
>>54772038
*inhales sharply
S-stop!
>>
>>54771817
>not having make
You know that minimalism entails that the final result remains a functional system, right? There is a point where you need to stop. That point is most likely somewhere /before/ cat -v, not /after/
>>
>>54772056
hehe, your cheeks are all red, you must be liking this, whore! -runs finger on anons lips-
>>
File: ayy.png (262 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
262 KB, 1920x1080
>dwm
>surf

Never go full retard.
dwb
awesome
>>
>>54772135
dwb is abandoned.

qutebrowser is the latest and greatest
>>
>>54772124
*moans whoreishly*
...senpai
*pulls anon closer to my trembling body*
i l-love you
>>
>>54772195
-grins and gives anon a hungry look of lust then wraps arms around- i love you too babe -starts with pecking lips sofly and repeatedly-
>>
>>54772225
*hungrily opens mouth and accepts your tongue into my mouth, massages it with mine

*Pulls your shirt off frantically

*Grabs your belt

I want you to be my first, anon
>>
>>54772314
*moans into our lewd passionate kiss and slips your dress down so I can view your delicious body* you've been torturing my balls with this ass and your attitude, take responsibility and prepare my cock for your tight little pussy *strokes it in your face*
>>
>>54771817
stali requires you to git clone their toolchain i believe.
nonetheless it's a piece of shit if you unironically use it, just get gentoo.
>>
>>54772314
>>54772368
kys
>>
>>54772394
>not enjoying consensual love between an anonymous mesopotamian goat herder and an anonymous underwater basket weaver
pleb
>>
>>54772374
stali ships without ssl certs too so you cant even git clone without disabling ssl in git --config
>>
>>54772417
>anonymous mesopotamian goat herder and an anonymous underwater basket weaver
10/10 kek'd heartily
>>
>>54772368
I hope you mean boipussy

*Stares in awe at your amazing pork sword

*Trembles in anticipation

*Hesitantly brings it closer to my mouth

*And ever so gently... just touches the tip with my tongue, feeling it get harder in my soft grip

*More boldly now

*Licks your cock from its base, all the way up it's impressive length to the tip

Do you like that senpai?
>>
>>54771524
You bait. sta.li is literally impossible to install at the moment. I urge you to attempt it and fail.
>>
File: 1463641265162.gif (2 MB, 252x280) Image search: [Google]
1463641265162.gif
2 MB, 252x280
>>54771474
>that entire fucking article
Somebody kill it with fire.
>>
>>54772368
>>54772492
>all that talk about a big penis

confirmed for two guys on the internet
>>
>>54772492
(alusion-chan?)
*keeps stroking my now throbbing hard cock and squeezing a large hot drop of precum on the tip of your tongue* Unh....that feels so good, you're such a dirty little cocksucker baby, wrap your lips around my pork sword and make love to it you hot little whore *puts hand behind your head and pushes your head deeper on my cock* mmmmh
>>
Doesn't alpine linux use musl too? This distro seems like something I would (and /g/ in general) find interesting. I question how secure it is, as git has some things I take issue with (eg. being able to upload with someone else's name). I'm not really experienced with git, but does this sound like a secure OS?
>>
>>54772580
Mmmmmff

*Struggles to take your quivering member into my mouth

*It hits the back of my throat

*And slides, millimetre by millimetre down my throat, until I can't take any more

*Cough

*Gasp

It's too big anon!

*But you push my head down on your big caulk again, I try to stop it filling my throat again but you are too strong, and it slides down my throat, and you push harder as you moan, until my lips have reached the base finally
>>
What the fuck is going on in here
>>
>>54772708
Apple users invaded the thread
>>
>>54772640
Alpine is getting some support in the Docker community. People are starting to use it as the base install due to how lean it is rather than running Ubuntu in every container.
>>
>>54772696
you're a sweet little succubus but I have to go now, leave me a way to contact you
>>
>>54772776
Sorry love, I'm a filthy cheap whore, and we are just ships passing in the night, maybe we'll pass each other again sometime
>>
>>54772754

Yeah, I'm glad that Alpine is gaining traction, it's honestly a great idea. I'm thinking about replacing my debian home file server with alpine as well.
>>
>>54772803
Can't turn a hoe into a housewife I guess, I'll just look for the most flamboyant flirty person in threads. I'll call myself the trap loving roach, see you around my little cumdump -kisses-
>>
File: zachbraff.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zachbraff.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>54772492
>I hope you mean boipussy
>>
Why should I use st over rxvt-unicode?
>>
>>54773039
to be unique and special
>>
>>54771238
their code style is more than you how you format function definitions
>>
>>54771238
i've not seen any pretentious fuckery in the mailing list. if you are refering to calling idiocy fora shuvel, i don't think thats anything but a natural evolution of social interaction and progression. so eat shit, mister
>>
>>54773060
>>54773039
If you don't need to right click and paste
>>
>>54773039
because its a fucking pleasure to make and make install shit and have it work with no bullshit. compiling any other software feels like raping my eyes with hot glue
>>
>>54773146
is your keyboard not working? who needs to clickety shittybity?
>>
>>54773222
So why use rxvt over st then?
>>
>>54773252
im sorry. what i meant was "agreed. rodents are not for the terminal. i also use st"
>>
>>54770965
if more software was written like they write, the world would be slightly more pleasurable
>>
>>54772165
Protip: Is not. The developer is just not answering bullshit.

dwb is the best that could happen to minimalists, because it has a purpose and not just for the sake of looking minimal.

Do you even know how many dependencies qutebrowser use?
>>
>>54773407
dwb just crashes constantly on Fedora 23.

And since it is abandoned the crashes will never be fixed.
>>
>>54773985
git version works decently lad
>>
>>54774134
No it doesn't. It crashes all the time.

Qutebrowser actually works.
>>
>>54773198
what if i need to scrollback to check something?
>>
>>54774460
## How do I scroll back up?

Using a terminal multiplexer.

* `st -e tmux` using C-b [
* `st -e screen` using C-a ESC

http://git.suckless.org/st/tree/FAQ
>>
>>54774311
Actually the crashes are mostly related to webkit-gtk and gstreamer. Fedora is a beta test meme distro so none of the webkit-gtk browsers work well on it.
>>
>>54772006
>>54772038
>>54772056
>>54772124
>>54772195
>>54772225
>>54772314
What the fuck?
>>
bamp
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.