[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Are or will these things ever be useful by /g standards? Do you own one, would you recommend it?
>>
If you've got disposable money I'd say they're pretty cool. Nothing THAT amazing however
>>
Probably a cool media player control while biking. That's all I can see it being useful for. For communication with anyone it's way too small.
>>
>>54765485
i'd settle for useful and kinda cool
>>
>>54765469
They're like UMPC's, not very good, and waiting for something in a better form factor that is much easier and more convenient to use (smartphone)
I don't know what the smart-watch will turn into, but the current idea of a smart-watch is not a good one.
>>
have an apple watch, most useless thing i own. thankfully it was a gift and i didn't pay money for it, stull occasionally wear it but i would never pay money for one, ever.
>>
yet another shiny toy for consumers that exist to display wealth rather than serve function
in other words it's like a regular watch
>>
File: IMG_20160527_070543.jpg (3 MB, 2992x4000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160527_070543.jpg
3 MB, 2992x4000
>>54765469
They're not that useful. Don't buy one expecting it to change your life. It's a watch that shows notifications. I mostly use it to take reminders, set alarms, play music, and respond to texts while driving.
>>
Pebbles are still the best smart watch going. Without being a fucking shill, I'm legitimately looking forward to the pebble 2 and that new GPS thing, especially as fitbit moved away from GPS and said "Heh, just bring your phone with you when you go running"
>>
Pebble Time Steel. Works for notifications, as a simple pedometer and a few other things. Best of all, has a >1 week battery life.
>>
File: pebbletimesteel-6.0.png (1 MB, 1020x680) Image search: [Google]
pebbletimesteel-6.0.png
1 MB, 1020x680
>>54766456
Forgot image
>>
I have a moto 360 gen 1 and while it's not life changing, it's pretty damn useful for me. I work in a small store and we have this speaker that we show off to customers, and since I've got my phone connected and playing music through it, I have to leave it in silent mode so it doesn't get distracting or disturb the music. My watch lets me read incoming messages and notifications as well as control the music without having to get my phone.
Plus, it looks like an actual watch on my wrist and not a fucking stupid iPod touch micro or whatever they are.
>>
>>54765469
Galaxy Gear owner here. Is it a life-changer? No. Is it worth the price? Probably not. It does nothing new but it makes certain things more convenient.
Answering a phone call while driving, taking a quick snapshot or video of something, controlling my music without pulling out my phone, seeing notifications. That's about it.
>>
>>54765730
Shave your fucking arms you disgusting monkey.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.